Receptionist/Admissions Coordinator (Weekend)
Company: Kindred Healthcare
Posted on: November 9, 2018
Description: The Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin (RHOW) is a state-of-the-art, 40-bed Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Hospital that is dedicated to restoring lives. We are a result of the joint venture/partnership between ProHealth Care and Kindred Healthcare to meet the growing rehabilitation needs of the region. RHOW specializes in treating patients with many diagnoses, including, but not limited to, stroke, brain injury, amputation, neurological and cardiac disorders. In 2016, RHOW has received Joint Commission Disease Specific Specialization in Stroke and Amputee Rehabilitation. This position requires working weekends. The Receptionist/Admissions Coordinator performs general receptionist duties such as greeting and directing visitors, answering and transferring phone calls, making follow up phone calls to patients and helping out with administrative tasks. In addition, the admissions duties involve ensuring patient information is entered timely and all required forms are signed by patient, physician and POA or Guardian as needed. This does include detailed computer work as well as physically entering patient rooms and going through admissions paperwork with them. Receptionist Activities including, but not limited to\:
- Answering and transfering phone calls.
- Placing follow up phone calls to patients who have discharged.
- Greeting and directing visitors.
- Additional administrative duties. Admissions Activities including, but not limited to\: Updates RHOW staff frequently with any changes in admissions such as change in diagnosis; change in physician, and change in status of arrival, and any additional/changes in important notes regarding patient information Pre-registers all patient cases by entering complete and accurate information in RGN system prior to patient------s arrival. Welcomes patients upon arrival and identifies and verifies all essential information pertaining to intake, insurance verification/eligibility and pre-certification on all applicable patient accounts. Acts as liaison between the facility and family members during the pre-admission and admission process. Communicates thoroughly to Charge Nurses, Case Management, DON, and Director of Rehabilitation Services, and Pharmacy regarding patient concerns Works with the Director of Business Development and the Clinical Liaisons to ensure that all admissions are screened thoroughly and adequately prior to admission. Completes admission paperwork with the responsible party, family member, power of attorney or resident upon admission. Ensures that the Admission packet is completed in a timely manner and that all forms are presented in a neat and organized manner. Counsels Business Development Director and Finance Department when an "out of network" or "Medicare Days exhausted" situation becomes apparent or other potential payer technicalities arise. Provides professional, accurate and timely service in all Admitting functions and as directed by patients/families, physician or other hospital representative. HIPAA\: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately. Compliance\: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred------s Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards. #MON-HRS Qualification: QUALIFICATIONS\:
- High School Diploma or GED required. College education preferred.
- Previous coordination, admissions or administrative experience.
- Healthcare and/or insurance experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and comfort level with learning new systems. Meditech, EPIC, UDS and Excel preferred.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Waukesha , Receptionist/Admissions Coordinator (Weekend), Administration, Clerical , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!