Company: Momentum Early Learning
Posted on: March 10, 2023
JOB TITLE: Infant Teacher
REPORTS TO: Momentum Early Learning Director
SUMMARY: The Infant Teacher is a full-time or part-time position
that is responsible for providing care for children ages 6 weeks to
10/12 months old. The Infant Teacher ensures the center is
compliant with all state and federal requirements and represents
the center in a positive and professional manner at all times. The
Infant Teacher performs all responsibilities according to
operational procedures, policies and curriculum as part of the
Momentum Early Learning Culture.
MOMENTUM EARLY LEARNING CULTURE: Momentum Early Learning partners
with parents and guardians to provide an enjoyable learning
environment focused on integrated learning and creative play.
Through thoughtful and structured lessons, teachers will lead our
children through a world of adventure and creative play. Our
mission is to provide a secure and safe environment where parents
and guardians are welcome to share in their child's day at any time
via secured webcam or in-person visit. Our teachers are experienced
and nurturing caregivers who encourage interactive and imaginative
play, while expanding the experiences and knowledge of our
1.) Child Care
- Provide a nurturing and respectful environment in which
children can grow physically, emotionally, socially and
- Assures that all children receive proper personal care and
attention to their toileting/diapering, clothing and health
- Builds relationships with each child and is flexible and
responsive to children's needs and interest.
- Encourages independence and self-help skills.
2.) Education / Curriculum
- Motivate children to learn by providing age-appropriate social
and development skills through activities and lesson
- Plan weekly lessons and activities based on the developmental
needs of the children.
- Maintain a respectful, warm, engaging learning environment,
encouraging curiosity and discovery.
- Structure learning inside the classroom and outside during
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of appropriate
curriculum, lesson plans and special events.
- Utilize technology when available to enhance learning
- Maintain and is timely with all paperwork associated with
lesson plans, portfolios, and other curriculum requires as set by
the Center Director and Program Coordinator.
3.) Safety and Security
- Proactively identifies and resolves potential safety and health
hazards in the early learning center and creates a safe and healthy
environment for children of all ages.
- Maintains a clutter free room at all times.
- Report any suspected abuse to the Director in a timely
- Upholds Momentum Early Learning's cleanliness
- Maintain a very clean environment practicing all policies and
- Ensure room is clean and cleaning checklist is completed every
night while following closing procedures nightly.
- Follows proper procedure to limit the transferring of
- Assist in the maintenance of records on each child including
but not limited to: daily observations, daily activities, daily
sheets, snacks/meals and attendance/time sheets.
- Ensure that standard operating procedures for the center are
followed and positively reinforced to others on the child care
- Report to the Director any damaged or lost materials.
6.) Guest Experience & Satisfaction
- Engage parents/guardians through open verbal and written
- Proactively and professionally address and resolve parental
concerns, keeping the Director informed of the issue and
resolution. Escalate critical issues to the Director for resolution
- Communicate effectively and often with families to ensure
consistent feedback regarding child's care and learning
- Uphold the core values of Momentum Early Learning: Education,
Security, Technology, and Cleanliness.
- Actively contributes creative ideas to grow and improve the
- Maintains a productive, positive, dynamic, engaging and fun
working environment through a positive and fun-loving
- Ensure new hires feel welcome and have a successful transition
into the Momentum Early Learning culture.
- Participate as a mentor (when assigned) in developing new staff
- Participate in peer collaboration days.
- No participation in gossip or negative conversations. Maintain
confidentiality in all circumstances and a "need-to-know"
6.) Additional Duties
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Education
- Two or Four year degree in Early Childhood Education
- OR Completion of Early Childhood I & II within 6 months of
- AND completion of Infant/Toddler Requirement within 6 months
- CPR/First Aid Certified and current.
- Health Exam required within 30 days of employment.
- Completion of Physical Lift & Carry Test.
- Customer Service: Customer focused demeanor, always looking to
find a way to satisfy the customer.
- Engaging Communication: Energetic and interactive
- Leadership: Able to motivate others to take personal
responsibility; mobilizes people to face, define, and solve
problems; develops capacity of others to adapt to change; leads
past status quo to achieve new levels of excellence or
- Poise: Ability to multi-task and stay calm and upbeat in a
fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Positivity: Ability to create an inclusive, encouraging work
- Organization: Excellent organization and time management
- Develop Others: Able to mentor and help others learn by
challenging employees to think through problems and
- Team Building: Able to develop team effort, confront negative
attitudes to build commitment, morale and fun!
- Commitment/Diligence: Able to persevere in accomplishing tasks
or objectives, commit to long hours of work, and have a sense of
urgency about getting results.
- Safety Conscious: Strong focus and experience in the monitoring
of safety and security in a child care environment.
- Accuracy: Attention to detail and efficient completion of
- Creativity: A focus on creativity and continuous
- Change Management: Adaptable to change.
- Adaptability: Ability to work a flexible schedule to adapt to
changing staffing needs.
I have read and understand this job description for Infant Teacher
at Momentum Early Learning.
Keywords: Momentum Early Learning, Waukesha , Infant Teacher, Education / Teaching , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...