Senior Quality Engineer
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Eaton's Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Senior
Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our
Waukesha WI (Badger Drive) facility.
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for leading continuous
improvement activities in all areas of manufacturing in support of
the Eaton Quality System (EQMS) and the Eaton Business System
(EBS). This position is responsible for providing support and
quality leadership for supplier quality, process and customer
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Role, You Will
- Manage customer complaints (internal & external) related to the
Badger Dr facility. This includes tracking, monitoring and
initiating corrective actions (Metrics: Internal DPPM)
- Lead cross functional teams in problem solving and issue
analysis in an effort to address either scrap, customer or
production related issues
- Support production manufacturing with problem solving, process
improvements and resolution to manufacturability issues.
- Provide support, lead and guidance to quality technicians and
inspectors; Manager weld quality qualification program for new
- Support ISO 9001 quality system and support implementation and
management of the site quality system and procedures (EQMS)
- Identify gaps at the plant level and execute improvement
activity. Execute or facilitate all aspects of APQP and part
approval and sign-off for both suppliers and customers, manage
revisions of process control documents such as PpFMEAs, control
plans and other quality tools to ensure compliance.
- Work with suppliers to initiate and close corrective actions
and to ensure that root causes have been properly identified and
- Develop strategic plans based on statistical data and results
to improve scrap performance.
- Review supplier PPAP submissions including control plans and
assists with control plan creation where necessary. Ensure all
appropriate special characteristics are included, that reaction
plans are adequate and customer approval is obtained where
- Drive actions with statistical analysis and process capability
(Cpk, Ppk) where necessary to improve performance or product
- Work with Design Engineering and Supply Chain to ensure that
quality criteria are clearly identified on all newly established
parts and communicated to suppliers.
- Work in partnership with Engineering to support all development
projects and milestones related to quality and improve the overall
process to achieve zero defect quality and launch readiness.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum three (3) years' experience working in manufacturing
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
out company sponsorship both now and in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only
candidates within a 50-mile radius of the Waukesha WI facility will
be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are
exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working with SAP
- Working knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure
compliance to defined quality requirements
- Ability to learn product and end user
application/specifications, including product testing
- Knowledge of product manufacturing, assembly, test and
- Willingness to 'Think outside the box' and can work well
individually or in a Team environment
- Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to
ensure a continuity of supply of compliant material
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
North America - US/Puerto Rico
Waukesha WI Loc 1
ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :096969
Keywords: Eaton, Waukesha , Senior Quality Engineer, Engineering , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!