Engineering Technician III - Fabricator
Company: Generac Power Systems
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Overview Generac Power Systems - Work with the leader in the power industry! Our corporate headquarters in Waukesha, WI is seeking an Engineering Technician III with specific additional focus on prototype parts, components and assembly fabrication. The Engineering Technician III is responsible for the planning, fabrication and assembly of current and new product designs under general supervision. Facilitates continuous improvement activities to reduce the potential for product defects and work efficiency. Partners with Engineering and is involved with problem identification, containment activities, action plan creation and execution. Ensures that the fabrication and assembly meets engineering specifications. This position reports to the Engineering Lab Supervisor.Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining the fabrication area and equipment in good working order, examples: Ensuring power equipment is functioning properly; ensuring lighting in the fabrication area is working, ensuring that the fabrication area is clean, ensuring equipment PM schedules are maintained, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that essential tooling is stocked, examples: Drill bit indexes full & sharp, cutters sharpened, cutter inserts in stock, welding supplies in stock, metal racks stocked with the necessary materials etc.
- Work as a team member with testing engineers and technicians and as a resource to less experienced co-worker.
- Performs when needed tests on prototypes, existing, and competitor products for stated criteria involving mechanical, electrical, environmental, and electromechanical functions through ISO 17025 and Laboratory Scope of Operations.
- Use various mechanical, electrical, and electronic measurement devices.
- Accurately interpret and document scientific notation, temperature, pressure, and other measurements.
- Develop and validate bill of materials in conjunction with Engineering team.
- Fabricate and lead assembly of prototype products per blueprint specifications.
- Collaborate with Engineers for planning of testing requirements.
- Maintain fabrication documentation in data base environment.
- Analyze test data and prepare formal and informal test reports.
- Validate laboratory testing methods and demonstrate testing competence per ISO 17025 and the Laboratory Scope of Operations.
- Recommend laboratory test equipment, fabrication equipment and facility requirements.
- Assist in planning, assembly, and implementation of test equipment.
- Actively participate with fellow Lab team members in daily maintenance of Lab environment and preventive maintenance of Lab equipment, including identification of equipment needing attention.
- Assist with the Generac Engineering Laboratory Audit and organization 5S programs.
- Update and develop policies and procedures supporting the continuous improvement of the Engineering Lab.
- Mentor and train developing technicians. Qualifications Basic Qualifications: Education and Experience
- HS Diploma / Equivalent
- 5 years of work experience in sheet metal fabrication or an Associate's degree with 3 years of sheet metal fabrication experience. Preferred Qualifications: Education and Experience
- 8 years of sheet metal experience specifically in the following
- Fabricate assemblies from drawings (complex or sketches), perform flat lay-outs for complex bending, and select proper materials and tools for fabrication
- Welding both MIG & TIG (steel, stainless steel & aluminum) and oxy-acetylene (welding / brazing)
- Both manual and CNC machining including locating and drilling holes in accordance with drawings, milling pockets per print, drilling and tapping holes, milling parts to size per print, turning parts on a manual or CNC lathe, internal boring
- Accurately reading and interpreting blueprints
- 5 years of experience in mechanical production of special order fabricated assemblies,
- 5 years of CAD Software experience
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with an emphasis on quality concepts, continuous improvement, statistical techniques, and preventative/corrective actions;
- 2 years of experience with work order tracking software such as QTrax is desirable
- ISO Training/Certification is helpful
- UL, CSA, ASE certification and familiarity with electrical schematics is helpful
- 2 years of experience in advanced electrical techniques and theories is also an asset
- 2 year of experience in laboratory testing methods and demonstrates testing competence per ISO 17025 and the Laboratory Scope of Operations is also an asset Skills required
- Able to work non-standard or extended work hours when necessary;
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Manage and participate in projects;
- Demonstrate self-motivation;
- Lead and complete projects within guidelines;
- Work effectively in a fast-pace, team environment;
- Communicate effectively though written and oral means;
- Demonstrate aptitude to coordinator multiple projects simultaneously; NOTE: This position requires the employee to provide their own basic set of tools. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to walk, stoop, crouch, bend , climb and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working in the typical conditions of a manufacturing environment including seasonal variation in temperatures inside and outside, and occasional exposure to manufacturing fumes or by-products. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
Keywords: Generac Power Systems, Waukesha , Engineering Technician III - Fabricator, Engineering , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!