Engineer I - Noise & Vibration
Company: Generac Power Systems
Posted on: November 6, 2018
OverviewGenerac Power Systems - Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Waukesha, WI is seeking an Engineer I- NVH Focus.
The Engineer I is Responsible for performing acoustic and vibration related testing and delivering results to R&D and design engineering. Designs and executes test plans. Supports other non-noise and vibration test data analysis and reporting. The Engineer I is also responsible for designing and running (in some instances) quality/reliability tests and developing testing procedures for planning and implementation of electrical, mechanical, and environmental tests on new and existing product designs; Designs, plans, and specifies fabrication and procurement of laboratory fixtures and test equipment of complexity level 1.
This position reports to the Engineering Supervisor.ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform testing and data acquisition for a variety of test types, focusing on vibration and acoustic testing;
- Perform testing within parameters of ISO-specified procedures (3744, 8528-9, -10, 9614);
- Designs, validates, and brings new products to market.
- Provide new product development support in the Industrial, Commercial, Residential and/or Retail generator or Power Tool product area including; Creating and maintaining CAD models, drawings, and BOMs, Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs), Interfacing with internal company personnel, Provide technical support for assigned projects.
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates standard, less complex components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost (including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and safety.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans for standard products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize basic designs for manufacturability.
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs).
- Acts as a resource to more experienced engineers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline;
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience;
- 1-3 years experience in acoustics, vibration, and signal processing;
- 1+ years experience with sound concepts;
- 1+ years experience in microphones, accelerometers, and engine-powered machinery.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
Keywords: Generac Power Systems, Waukesha , Engineer I - Noise & Vibration, Engineering , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!