Senior Engineer - Powertrains
Company: Generac Power Systems
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Generac Power Systems - Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Waukesha, WI is seeking an Engineer III - Senior Engineer. The Engineer III - Senior Engineer in Powertrain is responsible for providing engineering input to the product development projects assigned to him/her including interfacing with the cross functional team consisting of engineering, operations (industrial engineering, production, and material procurement), sourcing, quality, service, and marketing. This position reports to the Engineering Supervisor or Manager.
- Designs, validates, and brings new products to market
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates a variety of moderately complex components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost (including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and safety
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans for a variety of moderately complex products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize moderately complex designs for manufacturability
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Acts as a resource to mentor and teach less experienced engineers
- Travel to other Generac facilities and overseas suppliers as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 5- 10 years of relevant work experience
- Applies engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, services and processes
- Able to solve complex engineering problems
- Strong decision-making skills
- Technical Skills to include 3D modeling (ProE or SolidWorks); MS Excel, MS Word
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experience with machine designPreferred Qualifications:-- Ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of accuracy on multiple projects-- Design experience with a variety of materials (ie plastics, aluminum castings, sheet metal) and basic knowledge of material specs and use-- Experience in new product design and development related to engines-- Ability to conduct analysis using FEA (Ansys or Creo Simulate), CFD, etc.-- Demonstrated written communication and presentation skills-- Ability to translate technical information to all audiences-- Applies engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, services and processes-- Experience with engine design and development-- Previous experience with SAP or equivalent ERPLead and conduct design reviews and DFMEAs Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
Keywords: Generac Power Systems, Waukesha , Senior Engineer - Powertrains, Engineering , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!