Motion and Motor Controls Engineer
Company: Husco International
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Motion and Motor Controls EngineerJuly 10, 2019 - Waukesha, WI
This position is located in Waukesha, WI.
Husco Automotive provides Engineers the opportunity to pursue a
career in engineering within a fast-paced, industry leading and
entrepreneurial organization. In this current opportunity, a Motor
Controls Engineer will introduce innovation to the organization by
researching and applying creative applications in the high volume
electrified automotive field. They will facilitate solutions for
motor control engineering problems and introduce change in
products. Our Engineers work within an engineering team and are
responsible for technology development, know-how and disseminating
know-how through the group. A successful Motor Controls Engineer
has a strong technical background, is flexible, curious, a problem
solver and has solid communication skills.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal
'stamp' on their output
- Continuously expand and development their professional skills
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater
purpose to communities around the world
- In-Depth Knowledge of Motor Controls. Create and understand
control methods and algorithms for controlling Brushless motors and
their systems. Strong understanding of direction of new motor
control technology. Seek out new and creative applications and
operational techniques. Develops robust control models in
- Automotive Embedded Software Development Robust, yet flexible
approach to embedded software code development. Understands
automotive requirements for rigorous testing and validation of
successful production code. Experience developing test cases and
methodologies for testing all aspects of an embedded software
package. Develops software requirements and accurately documents
- Expertise in Motor Driver Hardware and Components. Knowledge of
PCB design for motor control hardware including experience and
design techniques to prevent EMC and EMI. Experience in
Microprocessor selection and robust PCB layout. Designing and
selecting hardware for high temperature (150--C) automotive
environments. Experience utilizing the latest software (Altium,
Ansys, ICEPak) to understand PCB layout and control heat and
transients. Testing / Validation / Documentation for
- Sensors and Controls Knowledge of industry standards and best
practices for sensors and filters. Creative thinking around
algorithms and controls methodology for taking limited inputs and
determining optimum trajectories to accomplish the desired
- Strong Team Player and Contributor Able to work well with
colleagues and produce results in a fast-paced and high-pressure
atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with and
orientation towards results / execution.
- Knowledge of CAN / LIN Communication a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferred emphasis in
Computer or Electrical, or related Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience including demonstrated
ability to create, develop and implement new motor control software
- Experience with implementation and debugging of embedded code
- Previous exposure to motor product design, verification
testing, supplier development and customer support.
- Knowledge of sensorless brushless motor control systems and
- Strong oral, written and listening communication
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.)
- In a standard workday, this person will be required to sit 65%,
stand 15%, walk 10%, lift 5%, bend or kneel 5%
- Will lift from 1 to 35 pounds. Lifting may include
miscellaneous materials if required
- Fine manipulation is needed for PC work and use of other office
- Visual requirements include ability to read and follow
directions. This person may come in contact with office hazards;
temperature and humidity are normal for this position and there are
no unusual atmospheric conditions.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment in
posted areas of the plant, including safety glasses, ear plugs, and
- Total awareness of the plant environment as it pertains to the
safety of other employees, operation of equipment, handling of
equipment/materials, and visitors required.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)
Keywords: Husco International, Waukesha , Motion and Motor Controls Engineer, Engineering , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!