Supplier Development Engineering Manager
Company: Husco International
Posted on: May 5, 2020
Supplier Development Engineering Manager March 7, 2020 -
Waukesha, WI This position is located in Waukesha, WI Husco is
committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal
'stamp' on their output
- Continuously expand and development their professional skills
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater
purpose to communities around the world POSITION SUMMARY Husco
Automotive provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career
within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial
organization. PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
- Manage the Global Supplier Development Team. This role directly
manages the US based supplier development team. Allocate supplier /
commodity responsibilities to the team to maintain workload as well
as to provide a challenging, learning atmosphere. Ensure the
engineers have project assignments, in addition to standard
component PPAP's, that provide personal career growth promote
interaction with other departments. The Supplier Development
Manager of our China team also reports to this position. As our
international sourcing efforts expand, the responsibilities of this
role will expand to own the Global team.
- Process Owner for Supplier Component PPAPs. Manage the existing
PPAP process and work towards common execution among all Supplier
Development Engineers. Lead and mentor the team through this
process. Maintain active projects for the improvement of these
processes and development of new or improved tools based on best
practices. Represent the process for all customer and certification
audits. Ensure that all Automotive requirements are met by the PPAP
- Lead the Development of Critical Processes and Process Controls
at the Supply Base. Husco has a long history of projects requiring
innovation both internally and at our supply base. Spearhead these
efforts with the supply base to ensure that they plan and execute
projects in a manner that meets the ever-growing quality demands.
As our purchased components require new processes to achieve the
required designs, this position must work with the supply base to
ensure that appropriate process controls are instituted to
- Execute company initiatives that drive quality enhancements
throughout the supply base. Identify projects that drive
improvements in the delivered component quality metrics. Drive best
practices throughout the supply base. An example would be a recent
initiative that implemented automated inspection for all
high-volume components not just the critical components. This also
involves analyzing our quality data to identify suppliers or
commodities with recurring non-conformance and working to put
corrections in place.
- Thorough understanding of Automotive Quality Systems and
Requirements. Heavy use of Data Analysis tools. Husco works to meet
and exceed the standards of the automotive industry. As our
manufacturing model is to assemble and test, our quality records
are fully dependent on the delivered quality of our sub-components.
In order to maintain our history of single digit ppm, we must
require the same from our supply base. In order to achieve this, we
are extremely data driven. Use of data analysis and Six-Sigma tools
is built into everything that we do.
- Manage the selection, onboarding and training of new suppliers.
Husco is continuously adding new suppliers based on various needs.
Reasons may be due to diversification, geographical diversification
or the addition of a new type of component or process. Supplier
Development is a critical component of our process for identifying,
approving and onboarding these suppliers. The Manager of Supplier
Development will oversee this critical process.
- Supervise and Develop Employees. Demonstrate core cultural
competencies to subordinates. Provide challenging and stretching
tasks and assignments. Attract, retain, and develop the best people
from inside or outside the company. Assemble talented teams.
Broadly share both responsibility and accountability with
subordinates. Create an environment that allows employees the
opportunity to finish their own work and trust people to perform
the duties assigned. Improve performance and abilities of
subordinates through training, counseling, disciplining and
responding to employee ideas and concerns. Be aware and supportive
of each subordinate's career goals. Bring out the best in people
and is an effective people builder. Coach and lead team in taking
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with
colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and
high-pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with
an orientation towards results/execution. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in in supply chain
management in a manufacturing environment and supporting
- Advanced degree in Business (MBA) or MS in
- Demonstrated process and part cost reduction through innovative
best practice approaches.
- High level of analytical skill combined with excellent computer
- Effective trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational
- Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines,
and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of
- International and domestic travel up to 25%.
- (Authorized to work in the United States.) PHYSICAL
- In a standard workday, this person will be required to sit 80
%, stand 10%, and walk 10%.
- Will lift from 1 to 35 pounds. Lifting may include
miscellaneous materials if required.
- Fine manipulation is needed for PC work and use of other office
- Visual requirements include ability to read and follow
directions. This person may come in contact with office hazards.
Temperature and humidity are normal for this position and there are
no unusual atmospheric conditions. Will be required to wear
personal protective equipment in posted areas of the plant,
including safety glasses, ear plugs, and safety shoes.
- Total awareness of the plant environment as it pertains to the
safety of other employees, operation of equipment, handling of
equipment/materials, and visitors required. (HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)
Keywords: Husco International, Waukesha , Supplier Development Engineering Manager, Executive , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!