Chief Information Officer, Waukesha
Company: Carroll University
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Chief Information Officer, Waukesha
- Job Title:Chief Information Officer
- 100 N East Ave
- Waukesha, WI, 53186
- United States
- Employee Type:Administrative Staff
- Job Category:Information Technology, Staff
- Minimum Experience:10 Years
- Required Degree:Masters
- Manage Others:Yes
At Carroll University, we are committed to identifying and
employing strategies to support our goal to be and remain a
socially just organization. Rooted in the Presbyterian (U.S.A.)
heritage, we respect all aspects of diversity, embrace the practice
of equity, expect inclusion, and embrace belonging throughout our
community. Therefore, we seek applicants who can demonstrate their
understanding of justice and who can inspire our increasingly
diverse student population.
- Providing leadership that supports the university's ethos,
culture, mission and values.
- Establishing the university's technology vision and leading all
aspects of the university's technology strategy.
- Creating a technology roadmap for university stakeholders to
understand present and future technology strategy.
- Directing the university's OIT organization in meeting goals
set forth in the university's strategic plan.
- Leading partnerships with other major strategic initiatives and
functions on campus that need technology advisement and/or
products/services to achieve revenue growth, enhance reputation,
and/or improve operations.
- Acting as the executive sponsor for major strategic projects
and initiatives on campus as designated by senior leadership. This
may include revenue-generating initiatives.
- Setting goals on OIT productivity, quality of output and cost
of service, and utilizing measures to ensure continuous
- Accountability for all hardware and software supplier
selection, relationship management and performance.
- Creating and maintaining budgets, written policies and
procedures regarding all computer operations in OIT and throughout
Maintaining security and integrity of all university data.
- Conducting business analyses on leading edge technologies and
makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Collaborating across campus to understand and support
technologies that improve processes, efficiency and
- Hiring, managing and mentoring OIT staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master's degree in relevant field required (IT, Computer
Science, MBA, etc.).
- Minimum of 10 year's experience in Information Technology
management and leadership.
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure, hardware, software and
- Proficiency myriad technologies and software packages,
including but limited to ERP and LMS systems.
- Solid understanding of classroom technologies, Cloud
Computing/SaaS environments, and Voice/Data/Wireless
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Organization Skills
- Project & Program Management
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management
- Customer/Client Focus
- Strategic Thinking
Human Relations Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their
age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion,
ability, socio-economic background, or job type.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with
leadership, students, faculty and staff through a consultative,
collaborative and active-problem solving approach.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, organize work
and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, time sensitive
- Ability to network and build strong relationships with internal
and external customers and develop partnerships with the
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
To apply, please visit:
Copyright 2022 Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Keywords: Carroll University, Waukesha , Chief Information Officer, Waukesha, Executive , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...