Company: Kindred Rehab Services
Posted on: December 6, 2018
Description: The Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin (RHOW) is a state-of-the-art, 40-bed Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Hospital that is dedicated to restoring lives. We are a result of the joint venture/partnership between ProHealth Care and Kindred Healthcare to meet the growing rehabilitation needs of the region.
RHOW specializes in treating patients with many diagnoses, including, but not limited to, stroke, brain injury, amputation, neurological and cardiac disorders. In 2016, RHOW has received Joint Commission Disease Specific Specialization in Stroke and Amputee Rehabilitation.
The Therapy Manager is responsible for management of all inpatient therapy services of the hospital. Works directly with the Director of Clinical Services, CEO, Medical Director and others in the development of Brain Injury, Stroke and other Clinical Programs. The Therapy Manager coordinates and mentors Therapists that supervise operations of the departments and administration of physical agents prescribed by referring physicians. Leads performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. The Therapy manager assures competency of all personnel. Assists in formulating budget, evaluates department performance versus budget and takes appropriate action to remain in budget guidelines. Develops and implements a system of reviewing department charges, ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis. The position maintains efficient and effective department operation while requiring compliance with all state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
- Responsible for management of the Therapy Services Department staff. Supports and empowers staff to embrace the mission and value statements of the organization.
- Ability to observe and evaluate treatment effect, recommends change to physician if needed.
- Ability to mentor and develop Therapists to excel in supervision and support of staff in interdisciplinary model.
- Ability to work under the guidance of the Therapy Director & CEO and in collaboration with the Medical Staff leadership to lead the organization in the development of Centers of Excellence for Brain Injury, Stroke and other clinical programs.
- Ability to perform an appropriate assessment on all patients as related to the therapy requested and provided and reassessments as per policy.
- Must be able to perform as a staff therapist per discipline specific job duties.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function or participation in rehabilitation - makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of all rehabilitation services modalities.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families. Functions as liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Maintains department cleanliness and safety. Complies with ongoing departmental inspections of equipment and physical space, makes recommendations regarding equipment utilization and needs.
- Professional growth of the department and self.
- Encourages staff to participate in informal and formal educational experiences such as conferences, seminars, and in-services.
- Arranges in-services within the department in response to staff requests and director------s perceived needs.
- Arranges for staff to expand professionally by presenting educational experiences to other departments.
- Participates in educational programs, seminars, and/or in-services to improve knowledge and/or skills, both in content areas of physical therapy and management.
- Identify potential conflicts, low morale, and address appropriately.
- Assists in matching department needs with staff experience, needs and desires.
- Completes a Neuro-IFRAH certification course when space is available.
- Perform budget justification and monitoring.
- Responsible for assisting with recommending a departmental budget (personnel, supplies), in conjunction with the hospital business plan, including expenditures, revenues and capital equipment.
- Assists with monitoring and maintaining approved allocations throughout the fiscal year.
- Assists in assessment of short term and long term capital equipment needs.
- Implements cost containment activities whenever necessary.
- Oversees the processing and verification of time cards, in the absence of the
- director of Clinical Services.
- Assumes responsibility for development and implementation of internal operations of department.
- Determine material and equipment needs to provide quality service; supervises ordering of material and equipment.
- Supervises use of supplies and materials.
- Maintains safe and functional treatment area.
- Conducts department meetings at least weekly and provides important hospital information to staff.
- Assists therapist in scheduling patient care services.
- Contributes to development and implementation of hospital policies and programs.
- Attends and contributes to pertinent meetings, clinical coordination, rounds, pre-admission(except when needed for patient treatment).
- Accepts position on committees, projects and assignments as designated by Administration.
- Prepares all required reports.
- Demonstrates leadership and abilities/skills.
- Facilitates working relationship between the therapy services and other services.
- Participates in interagency/community/professional activities that are consistent with responsibilities and department/ hospital goals.
- Acts as a change agent to keep the service professionally current within the direction of the department.
- Portrays a positive image for the department and hospital within the community.
- Utilizes the appropriate channels to express personal and staff concerns constructively.
- Facilitates constructive problem solving in department and hospital concerns.
- Maintains a supportive attitude toward department and hospital goals, plans, policies, and procedures.
- Actively participates in marketing endeavors when appropriate and necessary.
- Participates as a Clinical Instructor for discipline specific Student Affiliations as needed. Physical and Safety Requirements\:
- Good general health and stress coping ability. Full mobility and ability to participate in vigorous activity. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all constituents (patients, families, peers, and other healthcare team members) as needed for assessment, intervention, and professional development. Possess near vision acuity for accurate reading of equipment and recording on patient charts. Must be physically able to lift, support and move patients.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care. #MON-HRS
- Current licensure as a Therapist in the State of Texas.
- Current Basic Life Support / CPR card.
- At least 5 years previous experience in management of Rehabilitation Services or related department.
Keywords: Kindred Rehab Services, Waukesha , Therapy Manager, Executive , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!