Clinical Nurse PACU - WMH - .9 FTE, Full-time Benefits Eligible
Company: ProHealth Care (WI)
Posted on: September 12, 2018
The Post Anesthesia Care Unit provides immediate care for patients recovering from anesthesia. Nurses monitor patients as they recover from procedures requiring general anesthesia until they are admitted as an inpatient or return to Day Surgery for discharge home. WMH has an 11 PACU bays staffed by Registered Nurses and Patient transporters. --- Hours: PACU hours of operation 0 M-F; looking for 3- 12 hour shifts per week preferred. Shifts may be variable but likely 10-2230, . Start times can be adjusted to meet the needs of the unit and daily hours of operation. One to two on-call shifts per week; primary RN on-call 1 and secondary RN on-call 2, with a weekend and holiday call rotation. Full Time / Part Time: Full Time Benefits FTE: 0.90 The Clinical Nurse II (CN II) - PACU is a competent practitioner who integrates theoretical knowledge with clinical experience in the care of patients and families. Care is delivered using a deliberate, systematic approach and practice is guided by increasing awareness of patterns of patient responses in recurrent situations. These nurses demonstrate mastery of most technical skills, and begin to view clinical situations from a patient and family focus as they provide professional nursing care within clinical areas/campuses as required by staffing matrices. These nurses also supervise and direct delegated nursing acts commensurate with educational preparation and demonstrated abilities of the person supervised. Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Wisconsin Registered Nurse License
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification. ACLS on hire. PALS within 1 year of hire.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in an acute care nursing environment
- Experience in the PACU or Critical Care setting preferred #LI-POST, Surgical, Surgery, PACU, Operating Room, "Day Surgery", Registered Nurse, RN ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org. ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect - the way they should be treated. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued. ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: ProHealth Care (WI), Waukesha , Clinical Nurse PACU - WMH - .9 FTE, Full-time Benefits Eligible, Healthcare , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!