RN - Continuity of Care (WI, Waukesha)
Company: AseraCare Hospice
Posted on: April 17, 2019
RN - CONTINUITY OF CARE
AC - Continuity of Care RN
* Position Hours: Monday - Thursday, 5PM - 8AM *
You're more than a Continuity of Care RN at AseraCare Hospice. With
your vast experience, you know quality care and that's why we've
entrusted you to join together with a team of spiritual care
coordinators, social workers and counselors. That's because we know
you'll go to any length for our patients during their end-of-life
journeys. You'll ensure patients receive care on a variety of
levels because at AseraCare Hospice, we consider the whole patient.
That's why you'll participate in our interdisciplinary approach
while simultaneously leading by example and setting only the
highest standards. You'll engage with the patient's entire family
to help them and other caregivers understand and support the
process. You'll see your impact in this highly valuable role every
day, as you adjust to new working environments and make a profound
difference in the lives you touch. We are looking for qualified and
compassionate candidates with considerable nursing experience. You
are independent, flexible, a leader and ready to inspire our
talented medical professionals to uphold our promise of quality
The Continuity of Care RN Nurse responds to calls from patients,
families, caregivers, and referral sources. The nurse assesses,
utilizes critical thinking and gives advice or delivers care to
patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning,
interventions, implementation, and evaluation; and effectively
interacts with patients, significant others, and other
interdisciplinary team members while maintaining standards of
professional nursing and clinical competency.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Responding to calls from Triage Center and Triaging patient
related calls by determining the needs of the caller and then
responding in an appropriate manner either by phone or with a
* Implementing changes to the plan of care as needed with
interdisciplinary collaboration with the support of the hospice
medical director and / or the attending physician.
* Documenting and communicating all calls, interventions, care plan
changes, physician contacts in a manner consistent with policy and
procedure. Documenting accurate assessment of patient status and
updating the plan of care utilizing appropriate communication
(verbal, electronic, written, email documents and databases).
Document at time of patient visit or admission the patient care
reflecting nursing interventions, patient response to care,
focusing on the patient's goals.
* Assisting patients, family members or caregivers with concern and
empathy; respect confidentiality and privacy and communicate in a
courteous and respectful manner.
* Attending patient deaths to provide support to the patient's
family, in a manner consistent with policy and procedure. Provide
bereavement resources to the family as appropriate.
* Responding to referrals calls, providing the caller with
information regarding hospice care, screening calls for
appropriateness, taking patient information.
* Performing patient admission visits in a manner consistent with
policy and procedure and communication of new patient status to the
* Maximize non-patient care time by completing chart audits,
facility medication reviews, facility record audits and enhance
hospice awareness in the community through family meetings,
collaboration meetings and in-services.
CODE OF CONDUCT
* Must adhere to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics
policy including documentation and reporting responsibilities.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of
* Preferably a minimum one (1-2) years-experience in hospice, home
health, or community health
* Must have current certification for CPR
* Minimum one year recent professional nursing experience
* Computer skills including Electronic Medical Records and
* Must be available nights, weekends and holidays
* Must be a licensed driver with a reliable automobile that is
insured in accordance with state and/or organization
* Must demonstrate a commitment to the hospice philosophy of
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
* Sensitive to the needs of patients with advanced illness and
families and one's own feelings about dying and death.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
* Must be knowledgeable of Medicare hospice certification
* Must demonstrate excellent observation, nursing judgment and
* Must possess the ability to provide good written documentation in
a timely manner
* Must be self-directed with the ability to work with minimal
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and
company proprietary information
* Must possess computer skills of the types and at a level
necessary to accomplish the job
* Must have excellent interpersonal communication
* Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and
work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees at
all levels and be able to cope with emotional stress and be
tolerant of individual lifestyles
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
* Mobility, reaching, bending, lifting (minimum of 10 pounds), fine
hand coordination, ability to read and write, the ability to
understand and follow written and oral instructions and directions,
ability to travel, and ability to remain calm under pressure
* Staff may be exposed to virus, disease and infection from
patients and specimens in working environment.
* Staff will be required to work in patient's homes and be
responsible for own transportation.
* Staff may experience traumatic situations in the family
Golden Living and AseraCare Hospice are committed to enhancing the
lives of the patients we care for. Here, you'll find some of the
best professionals in healthcare working together to provide the
highest level of care to every patient and resident we serve. And,
we're able to offer career opportunities that fit almost anyone's
background or level of experience. From where you work to how you
work to everything in between, we're confident that at Golden
Living and AseraCare Hospice, you'll find exactly what you're
looking for in your career.
6505 AseraCare Hospice - Milwaukee
AseraCare Hospice - Milwaukee
City State and Zip
Waukesha, WI 53186
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Keywords: AseraCare Hospice, Waukesha , RN - Continuity of Care (WI, Waukesha), Healthcare , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!