Leisure Travel Agent
Company: AAA (The Auto Club Group)
Posted on: April 16, 2019
Job Description The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership,
travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately
9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S.
territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs
to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club
in North America.? Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of
the basic job functions): Sell travel packages in all product
categories, to include the preparation of complex itineraries with
a mix of products.? Actively solicit and promote new travel
business.? Advise on best value, location, and mode of travel to
meet client needs and develop book of business.? Complete
reservations and advise clients regarding documentation
requirements.? Consummate sale by making necessary travel
arrangements (i.e. reservation, collection of money, and processing
of documents).? Receive and resolve related customer concerns.?
Build and grow a book of client business.? May oversee the daily
travel operation in an assigned location. Preferred: Experience
- Galileo Focalpoint/Viewpoint to book domestic/international
air, car and hotel
- Travelport Cruise
- Supplier websites to book tours/cruisesTravel experience to
- Cruising and tours
- Independent domestic and internationallyWork Environment: Works
indoors in a temperature controlled office environment.
Qualifications Required Qualifications (these are the minimum
requirements to qualify):
- Successful completion of an approved travel school or two or
more years? experience as a travel agent.
- Certification from Institute: Certified Travel Associate (CTA),
Certified Travel Counselor (CTC), Certified Travel Industry
Executive (CTIE), Lifestyle Specialist (LS), Destination Specialist
(DS), Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) Accredited
Cruise Counselor (ACC), Master Cruise Counselor (MCC), tourist
board and vendor sponsored certifications, tourist board and vendor
sponsored certifications, Advanced Sales Training and Advanced
- Planning and booking travel packages containing a mix of
products including domestic and international products Advanced
- Sales and prospecting techniques.
- Various travel systems including: airline reservation systems
to book domestic/international air, car and hotel. ?Travelport to
book cruises.Supplier websites to book tours.?Agent Max to secure
- Monetary requirements and cancellation/change penalties.
- Travel regulations including A.R.C. (Airline Reporting
Corporation) and I.A.T.A.N. (International Association of Travel
- Internet sites for research and booking capabilities.
- Domestic and international preferred products and suppliers.
- PC software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Airline rules, regulations. ?
- Travel protection insurance.
- World geography/events.Ability to:
- Capture travel related information into reservation/financial
- Communicate effectively in a work environment, the public and
- Perform basic mathematical calculations including percentages
to complete travel sales transactions.
- Work irregular hours.
- Achieve sales goals.
- Manage time effectively.
- Problem solves and exhibit critical thinking. The Auto Club
Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
including a base salary with performance based incentives;
medical/dental/vision insurance,? 401(k), generous time off, a
complimentary AAA Membership and much more! Important Note:?The
above statements describe the principal and essential functions,
but not all functions that may be inherent in the job.? This job
requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job
description for this position, including, but not limited to, the
above requirements.? Reasonable accommodations will be made for
otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to
fulfill these requirements. The Auto Club Group, and all of?its
affiliated companies,?is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. ?All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: AAA (The Auto Club Group), Waukesha , Leisure Travel Agent, Hospitality & Tourism , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!