IT Project Manager (PMO)
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer the primary
purpose of the IT Project Manager is to implement and maintain a
governance framework and a project portfolio that enable the IT
area to deliver intended solutions on time, on budget, within scope
and in alignment with the business strategy and priorities. This
role will ensure predictable, consistent, and successful delivery,
managing or executing multiple simultaneous projects of varying
complexity. Excellent communication, collaboration, ownership, and
coordination are essential skills for success.
- Establish, document, build and implement a flexible project
lifecycle according to the company's needs and the CIO vision
- Enable real-time visibility of all the IT initiatives in a
comprehensive project portfolio.
- Create and deploy a model to effectively understand the
availability and schedule of resources.
- Document, configure, streamline and automate processes and
- Research and implement PMO standards and industry best
practices adapting them to the company's size and needs.
- The project manager may be assigned to a complete ERP rollout
or to multiple smaller projects to be accomplished at the same
- Develop full-scale project plans, associated documents, project
scope, milestones, deliverables, dependencies and critical path in
collaboration with the other IT members and stakeholders.
- Effectively set, communicate, and continually manage project
expectations with stakeholders in a clear and timely manner.
- Liaise with project stakeholders or other IT members becoming a
resource and help for success.
- Manage budget or vendor relationship as assigned.
- Participate in consultants or staff recruitment process if
- Identify, manage, mitigate, or resolve issues, conflicts, or
risks within projects.
- Schedule and track project timelines, milestones and
deliverables using appropriate PPM tools.
- Deliver status reports, RFPs, requirements documentation,
diagrams and presentations.
- Define project success criteria to involved parties throughout
project life cycle.
- Create system models, specifications, diagrams and charts to
provide direction to system programmers.
- Manage, own, implement, configure, or improve the PPM tools
adopted by the company.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end user
reviews, for modified and new systems, or other
- Provide orientation, training sessions or generate
documentation for end users when required.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Project may entail on site presence in different locations from
- Work with the teams to document ERP or other systems best
practices and tips.
- Complete gap analysis or readiness assessments for new or
- Performs other duties as assigned..
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related
- Five (5) years of experience in a direct project management
role managing mid to large size projects from beginning to
- Experience developing and implementing project management
concept, artifacts, and methods from scratch.
- Experience at working both independently and in a
team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and
efficiently. Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and
contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Great leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Adept to project and change management.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Excellent written, listening, and verbal communication
- Ability to translate technical ideas in user-friendly
- Highly motivated, creative thinker and self-directed.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Certifications in Project Management a plus.
- Strong familiarity with project management software such as
Microsoft Project, JIRA, Monday.com.PM21 PI129761764
Keywords: CentroMotion, Waukesha , IT Project Manager (PMO), IT / Software / Systems , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!