Database Administrator III
Company: Horizontal Integration
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Description Database Administrator III
6 Month Contract
Waukesha, Wisconsin Role: System Administrator Role Summary The individual should be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously providing day-to-day operational support to Global MR Software Engineering team with the duties include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for Infrastructure design, implementation and ongoing management for product engineering development, build and test environments, focusing on availability, performance, security and reliability.
- As part of DevOps team, would own the Infrastructure (Development, build and test environments). Own infrastructure modifications and upgrades (Change management).
- Would work closely to triage with various teams in resolving issues spanning across regions. Lead root cause analysis (RCA) partnering with Internal stakeholders (Engineering, Central IT/Tools etc.) & external partners (OEMs etc.) as needed and build mitigation plans.
- Maintain the highest levels of availability, capacity and performance and report out metrics.
- Abreast with the latest in Infrastructure technology, able to quickly demonstrate proof of concept, design & implement solution in a timely manner gathering stakeholders requirements.
- Flexible to provide 24x7 operational support based on the business necessities Basic Skills:
- 4+ years of hands on experience in modern Linux operating system (e.g Scientific Linux, RedHat, SUSE).
- 4+ years of experience working on virtualization technologies such as virtual box, KVM, zones
- 3+ years of expertise in Docker container tech stack and be able develop/compose/automate/deploy/debug containers on premise.
- Experience in Jenkins infrastructure setup, maintaining complex Jenkins deployments and operationalization.
- Experience in UNIX scripting such as bash, csh, perl, python.
- Good understanding of concurrent software development, its effect on build management & releasing the builds across versions & environments.
- Dependable, hands-on problem solver obsessed with automating processes with excellent analytical skills, detail-oriented and moves fast.
- Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and communications skills. Desired Skills:
- Experience in tools like Gitlab, Artifactory, SONAR etc.
- Experience with provisioning tools like Ansible, Puppet and Chef
- Knowledge on Docker Swarm PAAS models and Kubernetes
- Experience with ELK and Grafana technology stack(s)
- Knowledge of Software development cycle and product delivery as applicable to the medical device industry
- Self-starter who is motivated to learn and is at ease working as part of a team of highly talented professionals
- An appetite for taking intelligent risks and willingness to experiment new technologies & methodologies.
- The ability to take an idea and run with it to finish line, while also being a great team player #High #LI-RT1,#LI-VS1 Horizontal Integration is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law. In addition, Horizontal Integration will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact . All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
Keywords: Horizontal Integration, Waukesha , Database Administrator III, IT / Software / Systems , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!