Sr Technical Architect (TMS)
Company: JDA Software
Posted on: June 13, 2019
Sr. Technical Architect (TMS)
This technical role within JDA s Professional Services team will
have a focus on the Supply Chain Planning & Optimization Platform.
The Sr. Technical Architect participates in all aspects of the
technical deliverables within a program/project to architect
software solutions that meet the customer s business requirements
and generate maximum value for customers. The Sr. Technical
Architect may work on multiple programs/projects simultaneously
within one or more industry verticals, and/or may work on multiple
applications. Additionally, this individual provides direction to
the on-site team on the technical design and definition and
execution of related business process workflows that accompany the
solution. This is a US virtual role with at least 75% travel
Lead all aspects of technical delivery for implementation projects
of Transportation and Logistics products within JDA s Intelligent
Fulfillment solution suite.
This would include (but not limited to) the following
* Conduct technical planning & analysis sessions with clients
and/or the project team to understand the functional and technical
needs of the client and develop technical solutions to meet those
* Provide a technical support to the project team; including
environment setup, software installation, configuration, batch
automation and integration, troubleshooting, system testing,
performance tuning, quality assurance/design review etc.
* Provide inputs to PMs / Client partners for developing project
plans and ensure delivery consistent with the project estimates
* Lead a team of resources (JDA, Partner and Client resources) to
ensure satisfactory completion of all technical delivery
* Provide knowledge transfer / technical training on JDA solutions
to partners and client resources as appropriate.
* 7+ years of experience with JDA TMS or a similar Transportation
* Experience with participating in design sessions, resolving
technical issues during various project phases.
* Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
* Strong working knowledge of Oracle databases and Windows and Unix
(including Linux) operating environments.
* Experience programming with Unix/ Windows Shell scripting.
* Must be available to work on projects at various, unanticipated
sites throughout the United States.
* Experience working with Weblogic or WebSphere
* Experience working with IIS, and Web Service Calls
* Proven experience working in a temporary project role and
participated, to some degree, in a solution implementation
targeting specific project requirements as either a customer of
JDA's or as a consultant providing services for customers.
* Ability to work with appropriate parties to effectively determine
rough order of magnitude effort estimates.
* Proven experience conducting technical analysis sessions to
understand the functional and technical needs of project
requirements and the developed technical solutions to meet those
* Experience facilitating/leading technical analysis and/or design
workshops in support of desired to-be business requirements and
then transferring the information gained into a written design
document for group review and consensus.
* Ability to analyze and optimize components in order to take
advantage of product specific databases and system
* Hands on technical experience with some or all of the following
elements of the JDA Transportation Management suite: Transportation
Manager, Transportation Planner, Transportation Modeler, JDA
Business Analysis, or Cognos Report Net.
* Experience with other products within the JDA Intelligent
Fulfillment solution suite (such as WMS, Demand, Fulfillment, etc.)
is a plus
* Working knowledge of i2 ABPP is a plus
* Previous work experience in transportation, supply chain,
logistics and/or warehouse is a plus
* Strong troubleshooting and communication skills are a must.
* Must be customer focused
* Ability to work independently or as part of a global team.
* Ability to work onsite or remotely as needed
If you want to know the heart of a company, take a look at their
values. Ours unite us. They are what drive our success and the
success of our customers. Does your heart beat like ours? Find out
here: Core Values
Check out JDA's blog - Supply Chain Nation - the platform for
supply chain trends and innovations..
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, gender,
gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which
Keywords: JDA Software, Waukesha , Sr Technical Architect (TMS), IT / Software / Systems , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!