Entry Level Machine Operator - 3rd shift
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and
possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad's
state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class
automation and binding technology. Our platform gives our clients a
full range of options to produce personalized marketing products.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you'll find hard work is
good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done -
something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.Entry
Level Machine OperatorsQuad In-Store is a Quad company that
provides in-store marketing materials and programs for many of the
nation's leading retailers and brand marketers. Quad In-Store
offers extensive production expertise and resources to develop
attention-getting, sales-driving shopper marketing programs in
conjunction with other Quad solutions. From design and prototype
services through large-format printing, finishing operations and
customized kit packing, Quad In-Store works with retailers and
brand marketers to create a destination in-store. -Job
Quad In-Store is currently seeking entry level machine operators to
work in our facility on Moorland Road in New Berlin. - -Machine
operators are responsible for set up and operation of finishing
equipment, including but not limited to: Die Cutters, Guillotine
Cutters, and Stock Mounters.Job duties for this position include,
but are not limited to:
- Perform set up and operation of various finishing equipment to
- Inspect product to determine conformity to quality
- Move work-in-process to and from the machine via electric
pallet jack or forklift. -
- Read and understand job tickets.
- Complete necessary job paperwork.
- Report productivity achievements, waste/defects.
- Adhere to production schedule and quality requirements.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor, finishing operators,
material handlers and co-workers.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and production
adjustments equipment as needed.
QualificationsThe ability to bend and lift 10-15 pounds
continuously, ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand
long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled
movement. -Receive and follow instructions and use vision in order
to identify defects, performing repetitious tasks in a fast-paced
atmosphere with or without a reasonable accommodation is necessary.
Mechanical aptitude and excellent communication skills, including
good verbal and written comprehension is required. The ability to
perform basic math calculations is essential. Prior Machine
Operator experience and proven familiarity of finishing equipment
is desired. Education and Experience:
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to receive and follow instructions and use vision in
order to identify defects. -
- Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer
- Ability to read, interpret and process written job instructions
including those dealing with dimensions and quantity. -
- Must have attention to detail and ability to work
- Mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills. -
- Excellent communication skills, including good verbal and
written comprehension is required
- Experience with forklift operation and/or other material
handling equipment a plus.
- This position is for 3rd shift: - 10:00pm - 6:30am Sunday -
Thursday with weekend and overtime hours as required.Additional
Company Information -We offer excellent benefits for eligible
employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations, and more.
-Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The
Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any
applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age,
military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any
other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or
local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and
employees based on any of these protected categories. -Drug Free
Keywords: Quad, Waukesha , Entry Level Machine Operator - 3rd shift, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!