Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Eaton's Electrical Power Systems division is currently seeking a
Coil Winding Machine Operator - 2nd Shift, pay starting at
$20.00/hour, depending on coil winding experience. This position is
based at our North Street Facility in Waukesha, WI.
The Coil Winder will set-up and operate winding machines to produce
coils of various size to specifications called for on winding
sheets, winding diagrams, and order pouches. Coil conductor
configurations include strip, round, and rectangular wire, in
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Read and interpret winding specification documents.
- Find the coil number, quantity, and revision, and also record
the coil number on the coil and on labor recording
- Install and adjust appropriate devices as needed onto the coil
winding machine in order to meet window sizing
- Load strip, conductor, and insulating paper to dereeling
mechanisms on the machine.
- Measure materials, make adjustments to the machine to
accommodate materials, and verify proper alignment.
- Place and adjust the coil form as specified.
- Apply pack out as needed per specification, repeated on each
section of the coil.
- Fold, insulate, and tape-weld pre-cut leads to strip stock of
- Operate a crimping tool to crimp wire to static shielding.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use day one,
Paid holidays, Shift premium, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental
Leave, Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) is
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United
States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates
considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility.
Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the
geographical area limitation.
- Minimum of one (1) year manufacturing experience or military
- Minimum of six (6) months prior coil winding
- Ability to interpret prints, quality specifications, and
applicable instructions for safety, maintenance, operating, and
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Manufacturing & Operations
North America - US/Puerto Rico
Waukesha WI Loc 3
ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Does this position offer relocation?
Requisition ID :091766
Keywords: Eaton, Waukesha , Machine Operator - 2nd Shift, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!