Senior E-Coat/Paint Specialist
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Eaton's Power Systems division is currently seeking a Senior
E-Coat/Paint Specialist to join our team. This position is based at
our Waukesha, WI facility. Relocation assistance will be
The Senior E-Coat/Paint Specialist is responsible for the creation,
ownership, and improvement of all processes within the E-Coat Paint
and Fluid Delivery Systems. Responsible for leading/supporting in a
teaming environment to build a multi-year road map to strengthen
both manufacturing systems. Engineering responsibilities include
the following activities: safety, cost reduction / cost out
projects, product cost estimating, developing and maintaining
production standards, standard work, assist in the coordination of
the capital spending program.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function, You Will
- Performs root cause and failure analysis. Applies critical
thinking and problem-solving skills to provide specified cost,
quality, and performance in a safe and efficient manner.
- Teaches others in critical thinking and problem solving.
- Creates, trains and guides the optimal design and layout of
fluid delivery and e-coat systems while considering
safety/guarding, productivity, ergonomics, first time yield,
process and test capabilities, machine uptime and machine
efficiency, cost of non-conformance, inventory and waste.
- Creates and maintains standardize work elements (Balance
charts, layouts, etc.) to ensure all safety requirements are met
and processes are operating with their defined specifications.
- Leads the research and development of new processes to meet or
exceed the requirements of current/new products.
- Identifies potential safety hazards and provides input into the
remediation process, ensuring equipment functionality meets
- Enforces safety expectations, documents and communicates
hazards and unsafe conditions, conducts training to team members on
safety regulations and methods.
- Leads cost-out initiatives and promotes culture of continuous
- Leads teams that leverage the use of Lean and/or Six Sigma
tools to solve problems within manufacturing. Drives initiatives to
closure and monitors/drives associated metrics. Participates in
Continuous Improvement Kaizens/BPIs as appropriate to the
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical
design reviews to minimize product costs and maximize useful life
Guides and instructs the capital equipment selection process as
related to E-coat & Fluids.
- Leverages advanced technology and innovation to improve the use
and effectiveness of information systems.
Seeks opportunities to eliminate waste associated with the flow of
factory floor information.
- Leads projects, develops project goals, budgets, and work
- Proactively aligns cross functional resources such as
Production, Quality, EHS, Maintenance, Engineering, and
contractors/vendors to ensure that project goals are met.
- Develops and executes communication plans among project/program
working groups, associated leadership teams, and other
- Responsible for executing sustained change management as it
applies to product and processes within manufacturing
- Utilizes change management techniques such as ADKAR to
effectively drive and sustain process improvements and usage of MOC
(management of change) process.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of fluid delivery or E-Coat
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only
candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Waukesha,
WI, will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member
candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Manufacturing/Industrial, or
Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Thorough understanding of e-coat and fluid delivery systems
including safety/guarding requirements.
- Thorough understanding of problem-solving methodologies used in
determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e.
thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect
Analysis, control charts, Pareto charts, etc
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques - i.e. value stream
mapping, one-piece flow, 5S, etc.
- Proficiency in various software applications - i.e. SAP,
AutoCAD, MS Office suite, MiniTab, etc.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes
(i.e., ISO9001, etc).
- Basic understanding of PLCs and industrial controls
North America - US/Puerto Rico
Waukesha WI Loc 1
ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :090340
Keywords: Eaton, Waukesha , Senior E-Coat/Paint Specialist, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!