Welder - 2nd Shift
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Eaton's Electrical Power Systems division is currently seeking a
Welder - 2nd Shift to join our team, pay starting at $23.55/hour,
depending on experience. This position is based at our Badger Drive
facility in Waukesha, WI.
The Welder operates pulse welding machine, stud welder, cutting
torch, plasma cutter, grinder and jib crane, assembling 3
phase/Switch module tanks with leak proof seams. Operator checks
parts against blueprints for proper dimensions and locations. Knows
how and uses fixtures and jigs. Signs off on safety and quality
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Support and check material specifications, dimensions on shop
orders and prints against customer specifications for
- Cut and trim material using oxygen-acetylene torch and plasma
- Support and assemble component parts to front plates checking
part numbers and locations against blueprints. Splices multiple
pieces of material to make up front plate and other tank
- Check corrugate for the proper size of volutes.
- Assemble and weld front plate, tank bottom and tank body,
including corrugate, providing all leak proof seams.
- Grind excess weld from seams, edges and gasket seats to improve
the fit of parts. Scrape and wipe down unit to ensure it meets
applicable customer requirements.
- Set tank on conveyor line, stamping with employee
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use day one,
Paid holidays, Shift premium, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental
Leave, Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) is
- Minimum of one (1) year Technical School diploma AND/OR a
minimum of two (2) years welding experience in mig and arc
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United
States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates
considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility.
Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the
geographical area limitation.
Position Success Criteria
- Ability to successfully complete Eaton's Power Systems weld
test with a score greater or equal to 80%.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Manufacturing & Operations
North America - US/Puerto Rico
Waukesha WI Loc 1
ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Requisition ID :095176
Keywords: Eaton, Waukesha , Welder - 2nd Shift, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!