Machine Operator - Punch Press - 2nd Shift
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Eaton's Electrical Power Systems Division is currently seeking a
Machine Operator - Punch Press - 2nd Shift to join our team, pay
starting at $17.55/hour, depending on experience. This position is
based at our Badger Drive facility in Waukesha, WI.
The NC Operator is responsible for running a DNC or D LOG NC system
computer to load programs to a numerical control (NC) turret punch
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Check machine components for proper operations; machine systems
for proper pressure, indicator lights for operation, and tooling
- Change punches and dies when dull and install special punches
when required. Lubricate X and Y axis ways and punches.
- Set work-holders in proper position; load and position light or
heavy steel pieces properly on press table.
- Check programs for tool changes and make the appropriate change
and change tooling stamps as required.
- Activate machine for programmed cycle and dial in omitted
punching or non-programmed special runs. You will also clear
machine when malfunctions occur.
- Check finished pieces against print for correct punching and
- Unload finished pieces and stack properly on carts and other
material handling equipment.
- Note any discrepancies on program and forward information to
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use day one,
Paid holidays, Shift premium, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental
Leave, Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) is
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United
States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates
considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility.
Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the
geographical area limitation.
Position Success Criteria
- No experience or specific education is necessary; however, the
person must be able to understand standard shop specifications
(drawings, blueprints, process sheets, etc.).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Manufacturing & Operations
North America - US/Puerto Rico
Waukesha WI Loc 1
ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Does this position offer relocation?
Requisition ID :094846
Keywords: Eaton, Waukesha , Machine Operator - Punch Press - 2nd Shift, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!