Company: My Choice Family Care
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Career Opportunities with My Choice Wisconsin
A great place to work. Share with friends or Subscribe! Current job
opportunities are posted here as they become available. Subscribe
to our RSS feeds to receive instant updates as new positions become
available. The Lead Supervisor is responsible for directing,
supervising, and evaluating the performance of the
Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) Staff. The Lead Supervisor ensures IDT
Staff compliance with all MCO and DHS procedures and guidelines.
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Lead Supervisor is
responsible for the day-to-day operations of the internal care
management team to monitor and ensure IDT Staff compliance with MCO
performance standards, as well as, to serve as a liaison between
the IDT Staff and the MCO. This employee must spend the majority of
their day directly working with teams and directing all care
management activities on a daily basis. COMPANY COMPETENCIES:
- Adaptability: Adapts to the situation
- Client Focus: Responds to immediate client needs
- Ensuring Accountability & Ownership: Promotes accountability
- Fostering Communication: Fosters two-way communication
- Problem Solving: Solves basic problems
- Teamwork: Proactively assists and involves others ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure supervision of the day-to-day functioning of the
interdisciplinary team(s) including monitoring of high-risk
situations and identified follow up needed by the teams.
- Convene meetings of the Interdisciplinary Team(s) on a regular
basis. These meetings shall include review of the Member Centered
Plan (inclusive of service reviews) with the RN and Care Manager
- Address IDT Staff questions and concerns, utilize MCO resources
(e.g. FAQs, P & Ps, etc.) before accessing the Program
- Ensure compliance with MCO policies and procedures.
- Review, document and train IDT Staff on all new and revised MCO
procedures and forms within ten (10) business days (or sooner if
prescribed by DHS) of that procedure's dissemination and monitor to
ensure they are implemented by teams.
- Monitor and ensure the timely and accurate completion of all
Long-Term Care Functional Screens to ensure Members' continued
eligibility within Family Care as well as updates of the screen
when a change of condition occurs with the Member; ensure the LTCFS
is consistent with Member needs as documented in case notes and
most recent MCP.
- Monitor, audit, and direct the documentation provided by the
Interdisciplinary Team(s) to ensure appropriateness, accuracy,
timeliness, and consistency with the terms MCO policy and
procedure. Documentation includes, but is not limited to, case
notes, critical incidents, care plans including risk management,
NOAs, IM reviews, MCO routing forms, LTCFS, and MORC
- Coach and mentor new IDT Staff or assigns appropriate designee;
Ensure that all staff complete required MCO and team-specific
training within the required timeframes, including completion of
Family Care Core Skill Assessment.
- Follow-up with the designated Interdisciplinary Team(s) to
ensure Member's health and safety in the event of Elder Abuse/Adult
Protective services or after-hours crisis situations regardless of
the time of day.
- Provide on-going mentoring and consultation to the Care
Management Unit (CMU) in general care management practices;
monitors CMU's compliance with best practice standards; and
provides consultation on member-specific cases.
- Attend all scheduled Lead Supervisor meetings, CMU Leadership
Meetings, and any other MCO required committees or meetings; MCO
will designate whether or not a designee is appropriate.
- Monitor the service authorizations of the Interdisciplinary
Team(s) to ensure that they are complete, accurate, and timely and
that services authorized are only those which meet the Member's
long term care outcomes in the most cost-effective manner possible.
Provide responsible leadership in the stewardship of Family Care
resources; this is inclusive of recommendations from BPT, Medicare
Coordinator, Nutrition Program Coordinator, and other MCO
- Monitor the timeliness of staff tasks with Income Maintenance
reviews, Notices of Action, Member Care Plans and other quality
- Participate in the MCO quality management program; monitor
quality efforts identified by the MCO including completion of
- Participate in State/EQRO audits as needed.
- Coordinate the completion of critical incident reporting;
Elevate to Program Manager and BPT when appropriate.
- Review all provider concerns; Follow informal resolution
process; Elevate to Provider Quality department when
- Provide consultation and support to Interdisciplinary teams, at
a minimum, during normal business hours and other times as
necessary to ensure that Member needs are addressed in a timely
- Work with MCO staff as needed, to ensure continuity of care and
compliance with the CMU contract.
- Supervises care management staff.
- Assist with other MCO initiatives as requested, including
support of other work units or CMUs during times of development.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- One (1) or more years of paid experience working within a
specific population (e.g. DD, ID, PD or Frail Elder) in community
care management or related community experience with persons in the
MCO's target population.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Social Work, Sociology,
Psychology or other related field--
Keywords: My Choice Family Care, Waukesha , Lead Supervisor, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!