Paint Line (E-Coat) Operator - 2nd Shift
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Eaton's Electrical Power Systems division is currently seeking
an E-Coat Paint Line Operator - 2nd Shift to join our team, pay
starting at $18.45/hour, depending on experience. The core hours
for this position are from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm. This position is
based at our Badger Drive facility in Waukesha, WI.
The Electronic Coat Paint Line Operator is responsible for
operating the paint line system, including loading and unloading
panels and large tanks. Operators are also responsible for
assembling cabinets for our sister site on Lincoln Avenue and
moving materials with a forklift, as necessary.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Break down and hang cabinet kits and other parts on paint line;
including covers, nut guards, and miscellaneous component parts.
Unloads parts onto pallets or carts without damage to painted
- Prepare and hang large transformer and regulator tanks.
- Make proper hanger and hook selection to hang parts to ensure
- Apply and remove thread protectors, masking tape and visually
inspects parts for conformance to standards.
- Operate drop sections, shuttle cars, towers, and rotators to
complete hanging of tanks, cubicles, and racks containing
miscellaneous parts. Operate controls in selection process for
color and destination.
- Assemble cabinets and all related hardware for Lincoln
- Visually inspect parts at load points, transfers, and unload
points to maximize the quality of the product.
- Contact supervisor or Team Lead for disposition of
- Physically mark part numbers on parts, attach paperwork and
dates where applicable.
- Operate stackers and fork trucks to move material to and from
storage and staging areas.
- Load and unload materials into and out of hook burn-off oven
and is trained in operating procedures of oven.
- Continually maintain good housekeeping practices for respective
- Be alert and aware of possible hazards and contact immediate
supervisor or Team Lead for maintenance needs.
- Have to work staggered hours and breaks could be altered to
match line speeds and production needs.
- Load parts to satisfy production schedules and due dates.
- Identify specialty units from paperwork provided and identify
these units to assist painters in properly painting and to ensure
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use day one,
Paid holidays, Shift premium, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental
Leave, Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) is
- Must be able to understand standard shop specifications (shop
drawings, process sheets, and measuring equipment, etc.).
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United
States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates
considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility.
Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the
geographical area limitation.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Manufacturing & Operations
North America - US/Puerto Rico
Waukesha WI Loc 1
ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Does this position offer relocation?
Requisition ID :096493
Keywords: Eaton, Waukesha , Paint Line (E-Coat) Operator - 2nd Shift, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!