Laser Machine Operator - 3rd Shift
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Eaton's Electrical Power Delivery Division is currently seeking
a Laser Machine Operator - 3rd Shift to join our team, pay starting
at $18.45/hour, depending on experience. This position is based at
our Badger Drive facility in Waukesha, WI.
The Laser Machine Operator is responsible for converting sheet
metal into parts needed to build transformer and regulator tanks.
They are responsible for moving necessary materials to the laser
and routine maintenance of the machine. Laser Machine Operators
must be willing to do various jobs as directed and assist all other
team members as needed to build product through the continuous flow
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Load appropriate materials onto laser table and perform laser
cutting operations effectively and efficiently per specifications,
work instructions, schedules and drawings.
- Complete tasks for laser operation while applying standard
practices; perform set-up and operation on laser; use steel gauge
to validate thickness of appropriate materials loaded for specific
job orders; load correct materials and unload all parts; use
precision instruments to check tolerances and visually check
quality of parts.
- Stop and ask for clarification if not understanding job
instructions or work orders; ensure a clean hand-off of good
quality product to next operation; keep work area clean and provide
a safe environment of area for self and others.
- Use a forklift and crane, forklift and crane experience a
- Read blueprints along with understanding verbal and written
instructions, schedules, documents and specifications.
- Read and interpret measuring devices (such as tape measure
and/or calipers) and troubleshoot minor program errors.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use day one,
Paid holidays, Shift premium, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental
Leave, Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) is
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United
States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates
considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility.
Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the
geographical area limitation.
- Experience in the safe operation of various types of material
- Required to use forklift and crane, forklift and crane
experience a plus.
- Ability to read blueprints along with understanding verbal and
written instructions, schedules, documents and
- Ability to read and interpret measuring devices (such as tape
measure and/or calipers); ability to troubleshoot minor program
errors independently; work under little supervision.
Position Success Criteria
- Must be able to lift up to and including 50 LBS with and/or
without assistance; bend, twist, grab, reach, stand, walk, push,
pull, use both hands to lift and lower materials and perform all
other essential duties as required.
- Must possess basic math skills to add, subtract, multiply,
divide, and convert fractions to decimals and vice versa.
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE(Personal Protective
Equipment) such as safety glasses w/side shields, earplugs or other
hearing protection, steel-toed boots w/meta-tarsals, gloves, and
any other PPE and follow safe manufacturing and material handling
practices as required.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Manufacturing & Operations
North America - US/Puerto Rico
Waukesha WI Loc 1
ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Does this position offer relocation?
Requisition ID :095365
Keywords: Eaton, Waukesha , Laser Machine Operator - 3rd Shift, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!