Posted on: April 9, 2021
Lutheran Social Services of WI and Upper MI is currently seeking a
Care Coordinator. WE ARE GROWING! Would you like to join our
growing Children's Long Term Support (CLTS) Waiver team in Waukesha
County? The CLTS Waiver is a federally funded Medicaid program
serving the needs of children who have a developmental, physical,
or a severe emotional disability. Children's Long Term Support
Workers (CLTS) are responsible for managing a caseload of children
who are at risk of out of home placement. The position is full
time, Monday through Friday, first shift, and requires flexibility
to meet the needs of the client and family. The role requires
regular contact and visits with the clients and their families, as
well as administrative work.
Under direction, performs work involving the assessment, service
planning, and implementation of the service plan for assigned
individuals. Performs other duties as required.
Examples of services Expected may include (These are examples, not
all inclusive, and all services may not be provided by an
- Assessment of functional abilities
- Care/Service planning
- Care/Service facilitation DIRECT SERVICE REQUIREMENTS (Required
of all employees providing direct services):
- Promote client independence and growth, consistent with the
- Provide services using a trauma-informed and person and/or
- Provide services utilizing agency approved and supported
evidence-based practices that have been indicated by the funder
- Accurately complete time reporting. Essential Duties and
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and
may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as
management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Assess client's needs utilizing the required assessment tool(s)
(e.g. functional screen). Re-assess, as needed, and at least
annually. Information to complete the assessment is gained via
interviews, collateral contacts and prior records.
- Working alongside the client, their family, his/her supports,
and other service providers, develop and implement a comprehensive
and individualized service plan.
- When required by the program/service, coordinate and authorize
services according to the service plan.
- Provide services to assigned clients in alignment with the
- Organize and plan work effectively.
- Apply knowledge of community resources.
- Apply knowledge of casework principles and methods.
- Apply working knowledge of human behavior, dynamics of groups,
interpersonal relations, and social interactions.
- Apply working knowledge of social problems and their effects on
- Work collaboratively with clients, service teams, and clinical
supervisor to determine interventions.
- Communicate effectively with team members and providers. When
authorizing services, articulate the expectations of the
- Establish and maintain effective and collaborative working
- Complete documentation within required timelines and
expectations per LSS, regulation, funders, and practice
- Maintain client records.
- Make recommendations within the client team and scope of
- Testify at legal proceedings as required by law and/or
- Coordinate and facilitate person and/or family-centered team
- When supervision is a program requirement, actively engage in
the clinical supervision process.
- Attend and participate in staff development programs, including
in-service training, staff meetings, and professional
- Within your scope of practice, provide consultation to
- Work a flexible weekly schedule that includes some evening
and/or weekend hours for client appointments. Work directly with
Program Supervisor or Manager to set expectations for scheduling
clients. Schedule is based on client need.
- Understand productivity expectations. Meet or exceed the
standards that have been established for the role and the
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending for Dependent & Health Care
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Ability to Contribute to 403B
- Employee Assistance Program
- Service Awards and Recognition Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the
necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks
required, according to program requirements . Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Through a course of study and practice experience that meets
requirements for state certification/licensure as a social worker
and also one year experience with the target group, or
- Through a course of study leading to a BA/BS degree in a health
or human services related field and one year of experience working
with persons of the specific target group for which they are
- Through a minimum of four years' experience as a long term
support Case Manager/Service Coordinator, or
- Through an equivalent combination of training and experience
that equals four years of long term support practice in long term
support case management practice, or the completion of a course of
study leading to a degree as a registered nurse and one year of
employment working with persons of the specific target group for
which they are employed. LSS approved examples of human service
degrees include, but are not limited to the following:
- Child Development/Family Relations
- Community Mental Health
- Substance Use
- Criminal Justice
- Marriage and Family
- Occupational Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Rehabilitation Counseling
- Social Worker
- Special Education
- Vocational Counseling CERTIFICATES, LICENSES,
The incumbent of this position must have a valid driver's license
and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of
the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving
record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability
to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret to complete
required documentation by established timeframes.
- Ability to document in a neat, legible, accurate, objective and
consistent manner to reflect the services provided.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from all levels of LSS management and employees, as well
as the individual, family, and circle of support. COMPUTER
- Working knowledge of computers to allow employee to access
computer systems and applications to complete timecards, read and
respond to email, and complete required on-line training.
- Ability to utilize efficiently an electronic health record(s)
for documentation of direct services.
- Must be able to work on computer and utilize computer
applications and programs to effectively complete the job.
- Ability to work within a variety of ever-changing software
packages and computer systems. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK
The physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
required to frequently bend/stoop, crouch, climb stairs and kneel.
This position will require the ability to access a variety of
locations in the community.
The employee must react appropriately in times of crisis that may
include verbal aggression.
The incumbent of this position works in a community environment
(home, office, community, etc.). The incumbent will also be exposed
to outdoor conditions when traveling on company business.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TRAVEL: Daily travel may be required. Some overnight travel may be
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Bachelor Degree or better in Hum. Serv. or Related Field.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: LSS, Waukesha , Care Coordinator, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!