Registered Nurse RN
Posted on: April 30, 2021
Drive, Waukesha, Wisconsin, 53186, United
States of America
In Center ( RN ) at our DaVita clinic in Waukesha, WI
- Dialysis Training Provided!
DaVita is seeking a Registered Nurse who is looking to give life
in an outpatient dialysis center. You can make an exceptional
difference in the lives of our patients and their families dealing
with end-stage renal failure or chronic kidney disease.
Dialysis Experience is NOT required.
What you can expect:
- Long term patient relationships. Build meaningful
relationship with patients and their family in an intimate
- A team that feels and functions like a family. Staff RNs
are a central part of a small interdisciplinary team of clinicians.
Work alongside technicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers,
physicians and the center manager.
- Fun is one of our core values. Happier nurses =
- Specialized, complex care. RNs deliver care to patients
who are often dealing with multiple co-morbidities which require
unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of
nursing skills and knowledge.
- Fast paced. Our RNs oversee up to 12 patients at a given
time, and up to 3 Patient Care Technicians who assist with patient
observations, measuring stats and machine set-up. You will work
hard with your head, heart and hands each day.
- Schedule. Shifts are typically 12 hours, 3 days/week,
Mon-Sat (closed Sundays). Schedule times will vary by location but
most of our RNs work early morning or day shifts between 4am-10pm.
Some holidays required.
- Clinical leader: DaVita has the highest percentage of
facilities meeting or exceeding CMS’s standards in the government’s
two key performance programs. We expect our nurses to commit to
improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality
What we’ll provide:
- In-classroom and hands on training: if you are new to
dialysis, we’ll provide a 9-12 week paid training and the support
to guide you through to becoming a nephrology nurse.
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita
is committed to providing robust development and experience for
nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving
role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions,
integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that
- Education assistance and license reimbursement: annual
$3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000 scholarship
opportunity. CNN and CDN certification reimbursement.
- 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may
- Comprehensive benefits package: including medical,
dental, vision, 401k plan, $2,500 cash gift for new parents,
back-up child and elder care and so much more
Some details about this position:
- Your 9-10 weeks of training will include a combination of
classroom and hands-on learning, through DaVita’s award-winning
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with
a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you
will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during
- You must be flexible on the final home clinic placement it may
be in a different location; there is also the potential to float to
various clinics during and after your training
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings,
evenings, weekends, and holiday
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice;
Graduate Nurse pre-licensure available in some locations
- A desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way.
You know, the way you’d want your own care to be
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound
recommendations in stressful situations
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with
patients and teammates
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of
nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N);
three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be
substituted for nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and
You might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency
Room (ER), or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) experience
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse
Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the
first step at https://careers.davita.com
Keywords: DaVita, Waukesha , Registered Nurse RN, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!