Electrical Engineer II
Company: Generac Power System, Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Electrical Engineer II
Company Generac Power Systems
Name Electrical Engineer II
Req # 56499
Location Waukesha CORP
Employment Type Full Time
Serious power, compelling careers!
It's a challenge, and an invitation. Most importantly, it's an
opportunity to join an industry leader. There's never been a better
time to work at Generac. We're shaping the market and investing in
new companies and new technologies. Our rapid growth equals rapid
career advancement opportunities for those who want to be
challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
As the Electrical Engineer II in Waukesha, you are responsible
for Wire Harness design and will interface with the cross
functional team consisting of engineering, operations (industrial
engineering, production, and material procurement, sourcing)
quality, service, and marketing. In this role you will work largely
in Creo- Pro Cabling and AutoCAD.
- Designs, validates, and brings new products to market.
- Provide new product development in the Industrial, Commercial,
Residential and/or Retail generator or Power Tools product area
including; Creating and maintaining CAD models, drawings, and BOMs,
Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost,
meeting design inputs), Interfacing with internal company
personnel, Provide technical support for assigned projects.
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs,
tests and integrates moderately complex components to produce final
designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost
(including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use
testing, product specifications and process validation plans for a
variety of standard products and/or components; creates and reviews
material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract
manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize more
complex designs for manufacturability.
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided
Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed
Other Duties as assigned and the following:
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost,
meeting design inputs).
- Develops less experienced engineers.
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical
Engineering or related discipline;
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience;
- Design experience with a variety of materials (plastics, alumni
castings, sheet metal, etc.) and basic knowledge of material specs
- Experience in new product design and development
- Experience conducting analysis using FEA, CFD, etc.;
- Experience with 3D modeling such as Creo or SolidWorks;
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of
- Demonstrated written communication and presentation
- Ability to translate technical information to all
- Able to solve moderate to complex engineering problems;
- Good decision-making skills;
- Technical Skills to include 3D modeling (ProE or
- MS Excel, MS Word;
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to
manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required
to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to
stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must
occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job
are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work
requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust
focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Generac Power System, Inc, Waukesha , Electrical Engineer II, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!