Company: HUSCO International
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position is located in Waukesha, WI.
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career
within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial
organization. Our Project Engineers work within an engineering team
and are responsible for delivering on customer specifications for
an entire project. Project Engineers collaborate internally with
multi-disciplined teams to launch production of state-of-the-art
solutions. A successful Project Engineer is hands-on and has strong
technical and mechanical background. These skills, combined with
flexibility, a problem-solving orientation, solid communication
skills and attention to detail, enable successful program
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal
'stamp' on their output
- Continuously expand and development their professional talent,
skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater
purpose to communities around the world
- Own Project Launch. Work closely with team on 1-2 committed
customer applications. Follow projects from prototype build and
verification testing through production launch. Project Engineers
own supplier development, pilot build, production line development
and launch, program launch and overall ongoing program continuous
improvement support. Plan, schedule, and control projects to meet
established objectives for quality, reliability and
- Maintain Design Control of Assigned Product(s). Understand
form, fit, and function of product and all components thereof.
Leverage understanding to optimize assigned product. Analyze the
impact of changes on existing products or operations and assess the
compatibility with goals in all areas. Analyzes cost effectiveness
and feasibility. Maintain prints, specifications, and documents to
communicate function, form, and fit of assigned product and
components, for internal and external customers. Leverage
appropriate engineering tools (analysis, hardware, etc.) to support
design, test, build, troubleshooting and continuous improvement
- Provide Exemplary Customer Service & Communication. Project
Engineers will work closely with customers during project launch to
execute requests, respond to questions and build collaboration
across teams (both internal and external) as necessary. Analyze and
resolve problems and provide technical assistance as is necessary.
Implement corrective actions where needed.
- Scale Steep Learning Curve. Rapidly expand product knowledge,
abilities, and toolkit (Pro-E; hydraulics; magnetics; software -
testing and engineering
applications) to apply to product design and program launch.
Ability to step update previous models to reflect design
- Demonstrate Project Management and Technical Expertise.
Demonstrate technical expertise in project management including;
scheduling, tracking, team assignments, allocation of resources,
status reports, facilitate effective problem solving, and "selling"
of new and innovative concepts. Function as a technical
- Collaborate with Other Departments. Interface between Design,
Sales and Production to ensure designs are acceptable for
manufacturing and customer.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with
colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and high
pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention to detail with and
orientation towards results/execution. Ultimately, work with
project team to control price, maintain or exceed quality
expectations, deliver on project timelines and provide superior
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferred emphasis in
Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience including demonstrated
ability to create, develop and implement new product or operations
- Exposure to product design, verification testing, supplier
development and customer support
- Ability to make good decisions based on limited
- Knowledge of hydraulic control systems and their
- Possess a strong understanding of technical methods, mechanical
engineering principles and systems
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Knowledge of engineering drawing practices and GD&T.
- Team oriented, leadership/mentoring skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- In a standard workday this person will be required to sit,
stand or walk 50%, lift 25%, bend or kneel 25%.
- This individual will be required to lift materials purchased
weighing up to 50 lb. frequently. A hoist is provided for lifting
projects greater than 50 lbs.
- Repetitive use of the hands as to fine manipulation/dexterity
will be required.
- Maximum 10% of any day: May involve occasional data input,
writing, manipulation of "mouse" and phone dialing. Telephone
duties require clear and audible speech.
- Visual requirements include excellent number and depth
perception, strong reading abilities, ability to read computer
screens, printouts and computer spreadsheet applications.
- This person may come in contact with office hazards.
Temperature and humidity are normal for this position and there are
no unusual atmospheric conditions.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment in
posted areas of the plant, including safety glasses, ear plugs, and
- Total awareness of the plant environment as it pertains to the
safety of other employees, operation of equipment, handling of
equipment/materials, and visitors is required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this
position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of
the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental
job duties. (All duties and responsibilities are essential job
functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification
to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform
this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills,
aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some
requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or
significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others).
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of
knowledge, skills and abilities.
(This document does not create an employment contract, implied
or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.)
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)
Keywords: HUSCO International, Waukesha , Project Engineer, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!