Eaton's Electrical Power Systems division is currently seeking
an Industrial Painter - 2nd Shift for our Transformer Assembly
Team, pay starting at $20.00/hour, depending on experience. The
hours for this position are from 3:00 pm to 11:00pm. This position
is based at our Badger Drive facility in Waukesha, WI.
The Painter is responsible for sanding, cleaning, masking, and
painting transformer units and fabricated components which require
final finishing. All units must be painted before final inspection.
The individual must produce an eye-pleasing, durable, painted
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Follow all safety protocol for paint disposal, and the safe use
and disposal of solvent for cleaning paint guns and
- Be responsible for the proper preparation of all surfaces to be
sprayed; this includes bare metal areas and proper sanding, feather
edging of previously painted surfaces.
- Soap wash, sealer application, and blow or air-dry transformers
for top quality surface preparation and adhesion of topcoat to
- Be required to know what bushings and associated transformer
accessories must be masked to prevent them from being painted.
- Epoxy prime bare metal surfaces as needed to ensure proper
adhesion of basecoat to metal.
- Rework and repaint transformers as required to meet inspection
- Painting of small parts and non-standard fabricated
- Check the Bills of Material for correct color.
- Adjust and periodically check all pump pressures, heater
temperatures, air and fluid pressures to maintain the best possible
spraying application condition.
- Check and maintain proper fluid and air pressure in pressure
pots used for spraying all special colors.
- Change filters and maintain cleanliness of spray booth
associates floor areas on a scheduled basis.
- Use crane to move units into spray booth and use crane to store
painted units in staging area for inspection.
- Cross train and perform duties in other work areas of the
- Complete additional tasks as assigned.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use day one,
Paid holidays, Shift premium, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental
Leave, Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as
a company - are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum of six (6) months previous industrial painting
- Working knowledge of Graco ProMix in-line mixing systems
- Painting experience with Urethane topcoats
- Previous working knowledge of industrial airless and/or air
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are
confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes
that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable,
efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These
values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the
planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America - US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No