Company: HUSCO International
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This job is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career
within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial
organization. Engineering Technicians work closely with our Husco
Engineering Design team to support innovative new designs and
customer applications. A successful Engineering Technician has a
strong technical and mechanical background, is able to rapidly
learn new concepts/techniques, and is a strong team player. This
individual will go the extra mile with his/her team to meet and
exceed customer expectations. Able to operate independently in a
fast paced and dynamic environment, Engineering Technicians can
switch gears quickly to build prototypes and execute diagnostic
tests as needed.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal
'stamp' on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents,
skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater
purpose to communities around the world
- Understanding of Hydraulic Principles and Husco Products. Is
familiar with hydraulic circuit types and has a working knowledge
of Open Center and Closed Center valves. Understanding of Load
Sense and Pressure Compensated variants and basic electrical
circuits. Able to review and understand hydraulic schematics and
- Data Collection, Analysis of Performance, and Presentation of
data. Analyze, test, troubleshoot and repair new or existing
hardware, software, vehicle, electronic or manufacturing designs or
processes. Perform testing with attention to detail to assure
safety for themselves and people adjacent to the area. Cognizant of
valve performance as tests progress to efficiently spot and
evaluate product performance issues before moving on to subsequent
testing. Has an understanding of data being collected and maintain
test setups to assure resolution and accuracy. Maintain accurate
records of testing performed. Prepare formal technical reports and
basic data reduction/analysis. Present data clearly in formats as
specified by the work order originator. Can communicate effectively
- On and offsite customer machine evaluations. Operation and
testing of customer supplied vehicles. Aware of surroundings and
external conditions to assure safety for themselves and people
adjacent to machinery. Has fabrication skills allowing for
modification of hydraulic circuits and installation of prototype
valving. Familiar with the use and maintenance of portable data
acquisition equipment. Conduct themselves in a professional manner
when interfacing with customers.
- Build & Test Design Prototypes. Work closely with Design
Engineers to perform the following tasks: read blue prints, check
drawings, assemble specified prototypes, order experimental parts,
complete tolerance stacks, understand testing needs, set-up and
execute required testing, and record accurate test data.
- Troubleshoot & Debug Prototype Assembly & Test Failures. Take a
hands-on problem-solving approach for prototype assembly and test
complications. This requires solid understanding of full product
design, strong knowledge of testing techniques, and ability to
determine root cause of failure.
- Design & Build Test Fixtures. Design and build special test
fixtures and processes to meet engineering needs and
specifications. This requires the ability to learn and thoroughly
understand current testing and analysis procedures within 2-3
months after starting in this position.
- Scale Steep Learning Curve. Rapidly expand equipment and
component knowledge. A wide variety of new designs and applications
are built and tested within Automotive Engineering department,
requiring successful Engineering Technicians to grasp concepts and
build a deep knowledge of testing equipment and capabilities
quickly. At a minimum, individual will be expected to build a
general understanding of valves and components over the first 30
days, understand lab equipment and uses within the first 60 days,
and learn/utilize Husco systems for tracking lots and recording
tests within the first 90 days.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with
colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and
high-pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail
with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Associates Degree or equivalent military or formal training
with emphasis in Fluid Power Technology, Hydraulics, Electronics or
- Experience working with oscilloscopes, function generators,
instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
- Experience with analyzing data and writing reports
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude.
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Basic schematic and print reading.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Visio, Labview
Applications, MatLab scripts.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)
Keywords: HUSCO International, Waukesha , Engineering Technician, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!