Company: HUSCO International
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position is located in Waukesha, WI
Husco provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career
within a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial
organization. The Controls Engineer is responsible for technical
support for large scale projects - typically, new product lines,
development and/or implementation of new manufacturing technology
in support of new product lines or major improvements in existing
product lines. This position is responsible for implementing and
maintaining standardization across manufacturing sites. The key to
success in this position is problem solving and utilizing technical
knowledge to get to the root cause of a problem rather than simply
identifying symptoms. A successful Controls Engineer is
self-motivated and a natural trouble-shooter who is able to react
quickly under pressure, prioritize workload, and manage several
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal
'stamp' on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents,
skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater
purpose to communities around the world
- Design, develop, debug and deliver automation controls and
electrical controls hardware and software for internal
- Work as part of an execution team and assume complete
responsibility of system updates or new system control functions
from start to finish of the project.
- Function effectively in a team environment, hold process
reviews, and training sessions as needed, and support quoting
efforts as required.
- Write code (PC, PLC, VB, and LabVIEW) to execute process.
Architect, develop, test, and deploy a reusable, modular software
solution that involves using a structured software development
process with version management.
- Integrate VFD and Servo motor controls to manufacturing
- Write equipment support manuals, including electrical
schematics and program documentation.
- Integrate vision hardware (Cognex, Keyence) into
- Support integration on manufacturing floor at all Husco global
- Support field installation, startup and debug of systems at all
Husco global sites.
- Good written and verbal communication with internal and
- Ability to work well with multiple tasks and under tight
- Able to work well with colleagues and produce results within a
fast-paced and high pressure atmosphere. Combine strong attention
to detail with an orientation towards results/execution.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Programming experience is required. (LabVIEW, Allen Bradley,
- Ability to read electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and
pneumatic prints and schematics.
- Must have good electrical wiring and debugging experience.
- Vision integration experience (Cognex, Keyence).
- HMI programming experience, VB program knowledge needed
- Ability to travel up to 35%
- Understanding of OSHA safety standards required for automated
assembly and test equipment.
- Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking
skills for troubleshooting, repair, and recognition of acceptable
or unacceptable product quality.
- Able to handle frequent interruptions, meet tight deadlines,
and handle conflict in an effective manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)
Keywords: HUSCO International, Waukesha , Controls Engineer, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!