Embedded Controls Engineer
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Husco provides Engineers the opportunity to pursue a career in
engineering within a fast-paced, industry leading and
entrepreneurial organization. In this current opportunity, an
Embedded Controls Engineer will introduce innovation to the
organization by implementing creative software applications in the
high volume electrified automotive field. A successful Embedded
Controls Engineer enjoys coding, as well as being hands-on and has
strong technical background with abilities and interest to work in
software, electrical, and mechanical domains. These skills,
combined with a problem-solving drive, flexibility, and solid
communication skills enable an Embedded Controls Engineer to be
successful at Husco.
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal
'stamp' on their output
- Continuously expand and develop their professional talents,
skills, and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater
purpose to communities around the world
- Develop, Validate, and Implement System Algorithms and
Logic. Apply a deep understanding of linear systems and
control theory to utilize both MathWorks and Embedded C software
packages and libraries to develop and deploy algorithms to solve
system level problems. Responsible for testing at the software,
component, and system to validate the algorithms for success,
robustness, and safety.
- Automotive Embedded Software Development.
Robust, yet flexible approach to embedded software code
development. Understands automotive requirements for rigorous
testing and validation of successful production code. Experience
developing test cases and methodologies for testing all aspects of
an embedded software package. Develops software requirements and
accurately documents code.
- Scale Steep Learning Curve. Rapidly expand
product knowledge, abilities, and toolkit (MATLAB/Simulink,
Embedded C, BLDC and System Control, multi-domain physics, version
control and CRM systems, software development processes, software
Validation and Verification theories/methods, debugging, Agile
development methods) to apply to system design, implementation, and
- Sensors and Controls Knowledge of industry standards
and best practices for sensors and filters. Creative
thinking around algorithms and controls methodology for taking
limited inputs and determining optimum trajectories to accomplish
the desired targets.
- Contribute to Software Development Lifecycle.
Use embedded C and MathWorks software packages/libraries to
document, develop, debug, deploy, and maintain software algorithms
on an embedded processor as a part of an automotive launch cycle.
Will be responsible for executing to the software development
lifecycle within the required timeline.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to
work well with colleagues and produce results in a fast-paced and
high-pressure atmosphere. Combines strong attention to detail with
an orientation towards results / execution.
- Knowledge of CAN / LIN Communication a plus
- Knowledge of ASPICE Automotive Software Standards a plus
- Knowledge of Brushless Motor Controls a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferred emphasis in
Computer, Electrical, or related Engineering discipline.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience including demonstrated
ability to understand and develop complex control systems in the
mechatronics, robotics, hydraulic, or similar within an embedded
- Demonstrated Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink and Embedded C
- Comfortable and able to analyze and break down large control
systems into smaller component level systems
- Demonstrated ability to discuss complex systems in multiple
domains and understand other systems outside the embedded code
- Comfortable and able to make good decisions based on limited
and/or ambiguous information
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Keywords: Husco, Waukesha , Embedded Controls Engineer, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!