Engineering Technician III - Clean Energy
Company Generac Power Systems
Name Engineering Technician III - Clean Energy
Req # 56809
Employment Type Full Time
At Generac, Our People help make the world safer, brighter and
more productive. United by our Values, people with diverse
backgrounds and points of view work together to ensure our global
customers have peace of mind.
We are a team of builders and doers who share a passion for
innovation and a desire to outpace others. As an inclusive
workplace, we empower our employees to embrace diversity in all
forms, celebrate our differences, and treat everyone with equity
and respect. At Generac, our success is powered by Our People.
Do you want to be part of something bigger? For more than five
decades, Generac has designed and manufactured diesel, natural gas,
and bi-fuel generatorsbut we did not stop there! Our rapid growth
on our Clean Energy teams means careers opportunities for those who
want to provide people with innovation and forward-thinking
technology to power their homes and businesses with clean energy
products. We are not simply satisfied with what is working now,
instead, we challenge ourselves and continue to lead the way.
Generac Power Systems, is seeking an Engineering Technician III
to join our rapidly growing Clean Energy team. This position is
responsible for the planning, implementation, and performance of
advanced electrical tests of current and new Clean Energy products
including inverters, battery storage systems, load management
modules, and transfer switches.
- Conduct component and system performance, durability, and abuse
- Perform programming and testing on embedded system using
interfaces similar to serial console, USB, JTAG
- Determine the root cause of the failure
- Fabricate and install test fixtures, wiring harness and
- Install various sensors, probes, and data acquisition
- Operate oscilloscopes, data acquisition systems, power
supplies, and other electronic equipment.
- Document test results and write a clear and concise test
- Collaborate with Engineers for planning of testing requirements
and test procedures.
- Maintain test-related documentation in database
- Analyze test data and prepare formal and informal test
- Update and develop policies and procedures supporting the
continuous improvement of the Engineering Lab.
- Actively participate with fellow Lab team members in daily
maintenance of Lab environment and preventive maintenance of Lab
- Recommend laboratory test equipment and facility
- Mentor and train developing technicians.
- High School Diploma;
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working with Data Acquisition Systems,
Oscilloscopes, and DC power supplies.
- Experience documenting test results and writing clear and
concise test reports.
- Experience working with high voltage systems (400V DC, 480V
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot complex components and
systems. (Inverter, Li-ion battery modules, PV links, Transfer
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is
required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; and
talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop;
crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to
100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
the ability to differentiate colors.. While performing the duties
of this job, the employee will be working in the typical conditions
of a manufacturing environment including seasonal variation in
temperatures and occasional exposure to manufacturing fumes or
by-products. The employee must comply with the assigned location
PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses,
hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for
required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by
facility safety policies.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by