Mechanical Engineer (106564)
Company: Metso Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Would you like to take this opportunity to influence the
industry towards a more responsible use of the world's natural
As a newly combined company Metso Outotec creates a unique
workplace. Combining the strengths of two companies we offer
stronger platform for growth and innovation.
This is your opportunity to join the positive change.
Location: Waukesha, WI
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for analyzing and
validating the development of innovative solutions and improvement
of existing solutions. The position requires general knowledge of
mechanical design, manufacturing processes, expertise in advanced
mechanical simulation and instrumentation of machines.
The Mechanical Engineer will work in a team environment to
develop Metso-Outotec's standard product portfolio according to the
product development roadmap and develop specific solutions for our
customers. The Mechanical Engineer works in close collaboration
with the Engineering Manager and Senior Crushers Expert. Good
communication and effective interpersonal skills are required as
the Mechanical Engineer must explain extremely complex ideas in a
very simple way.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and verify specification requirements for new
- Assists internal and external team members throughout the
- Perform advanced calculation (Finite Element Analysis, dynamic
simulation) to assess the design and optimize performance.
- Analyze and validate solutions for existing or new products.
Ascertains that new designs developed are as economical and
efficient as practical.
- Executes plans in a timely manner and accepts advice and/or
- Occasionally travels to investigate and advise on engineering
problems at customer plants.
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues, perform root cause analysis and
propose an action plan to medicate and resolve.
- Maintains a positive approach toward customers, co-workers, and
visitors. Maintains effective relations with others at all levels
of the organization.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the industry by reviewing
current technical literature, especially on simulation and
- Observes safety regulations and exhibits a concern for
- Shows commitment to quality ethics and focuses on meeting the
needs and expectations of both internal and external
- Demonstrates cooperative team effort and works effectively
within a workgroup or other groups in the organization.
Demonstrates respect for others.
- Versatility and adaptability to different engineering
- Ability to apply mechanical expertise.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and
effective interpersonal skills are required.
- Solid computer skills.
- Must be able to function effectively both as a member of a team
and as an individual contributor.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time allotted with
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work under
stress and meet deadlines.
- Must be capable of effectively working on several projects at
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a
- The ability to travel will be required as needed, may include
both domestic and international (up to 15%-25%)
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- 0-1 year experience, the preferred experience of 5 +
Mechanical development understanding definitively a need.
Machine instrumentation valuable in the candidature.
The mechanical simulation experience is a must.
Siemens simulations modules knowledge will be a plus.
A user of 3D CAD software is a must, Siemens NX user is a
Siemens Teamcenter knowledge is a plus.
Experience with field services will be appreciated.
- Hydraulic and lubrication system experience is a plus
- Friendly, respectful environment
- Challenging opportunities that contribute to the development
and enhancement of Metso Outotec's industry-leading solutions
- Opportunity to work in a global community
- Pride in working for an industry leader in mining, aggregates,
recycling, and oil and gas (one of the top employers in
- Competitive healthcare options, 401K matching, flexible work
schedules, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions
are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability please
let us know.
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies,
end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals
processing, metals refining and recycling industries globally. By
improving our customers' energy and water efficiency, increasing
their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our
product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso Outotec employs over
15,000 people in more than 50 countries and its illustrative
combined sales for 2019 were about EUR 4.2 billion. The company is
listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. mogroup.com,
Keywords: Metso Corporation, Waukesha , Mechanical Engineer (106564), Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!