Job Description Summary
UX Design in GE Healthcare Imaging is made up of
multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Product
Owners, Subject Matter Experts, Program Managers, and Engineers: we
care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team
plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes,
emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire
and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with
engineering and product management to create industry-leading
products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for GE
Healthcare's Customers. As an Interaction Designer, you'll rely on
user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user
experiences-from concept to implementation. Like all of our UX
jobs, you'll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and
evolve the EDS design language to build beautiful, innovative,
inspired products that people love to use.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Satisfy user needs through well thought out designs
- Utilize UX tools to communicate solutions
- Communicate design concepts to stakeholders, subject matter
experts, engineers and UX team members
- Practice continuous discovery to capture unmet user needs
- Capture design concepts in design specifications to be used by
software engineering teams to fulfil the vision of the design
- Support software engineering teams during implementation
- Partner with multiple programs within our organization to
evolve and apply new design solutions and aesthetics for the next
generation healthcare software applications.
- Creates multiple variations to a single design component to
explore how different treatments meet design requirements and
- Explains and defends design decisions to other members of the
project team including developers, product managers, and other
- Constructively participates in critiques of own design ideas
and those of others.
Lead research and evaluation of emerging design, technology,
industry, and market trend
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in Design with advanced experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in Design with minimum years
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical Expertise:
- Demonstrated strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX
- Skilled in standard design & wireframing tools, hand drawn and
visual communication, time-based and interactive prototyping
- Ability to use generative techniques (sketching, brainstorming,
etc.) to establish a variety of possible design decisions and
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop,
Illustrator, Sketch, Axure).
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and product
teams (interaction, UX research, engineering, content
- Advanced skills in problem-solving and familiarity with
technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing
for multiple business applications.
- Understands key principles of design thinking, what it is and
why it is important.
- Ability to clearly communicate with a variety of stakeholders;
ability to facilitate group discussions and meetings
- Ability to adapt to new environments and pivot quickly when
- Demonstrated curiosity and a deep passion for learning.
- Demonstrated active listening skills; ability to identify when
additional information is needed from customer/manager and asks
cogent and relevant questions to obtain it.
- Experience implementing visual design systems across platforms
in an Agile software development environment.
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct
- Talk on the UX process used to create the designs.
Abilty to map current industry trends to internal vision and
bring related suggestions to the team.
Understands principles of design thinking, what it is and why it
Ability to actively cultivate an understanding of how individual
people and things fit within larger structures (like systems or
organizations), as well as the relationships between parts of a
system and the system as a whole.
Understands the value of a rigorous, collaborative and
transparent decision-making process.
Demonstrates sensitivity to key cultural issues.
Ability to express UX and design concepts to collaborators on
cross functional teams, by explaining the rationale and benefit of
Demonstrates the ability to extract and communicate how customer
groups are thinking and feeling.
Ability to make decisions and take actions appropriately when
all available information may not be possible to obtain.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it
is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience
required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of
the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs
should focus on the substantive level of experience required for
the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide
to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise
restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee
as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as
otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development,
challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in
the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is
conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as
Relocation Assistance Provided: No