Staff Mechanical Engineer
Company: Generac Power System, Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Staff Mechanical Engineer
Company Generac Power Systems
Name Staff Mechanical Engineer
Req # 56308
Location Waukesha CORP
Employment Type Full Time
SERIOUS POWER, COMPELLING CAREERS!
Here at Generac we don't simply wait for opportunities to come
to us. Our team is consistently on the lookout for new and
innovative advances in our industry, which has led to our great
success and company growth. We are proud to be a leader in the
power generation industry and are quickly breaking ground in the
Clean Energy segment. This growth equals rapid career advancement
opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a
fast-paced, high-performance culture.
In this role the Staff Mechanical Engineer will participate in
identifying and developing new technologies that support the future
products required to support Generac's medium- and long-term goals.
The role will require participation in the creation of a technology
portfolio in consensus with the strategic direction of the company.
As part of the Advanced Commercial Technology group this position
reports to the Director of Engineering (ACT)
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of new and existing
technologies and their applications to future products.
- Provide mechanical engineering support to team members
including structural design, material selection, thermal
management, manufacturing techniques and NVH.
- Produce models and drawings required for the procurement of
necessary components for development of prototypes and
- Conduct DFMEAs, design reviews and failure investigations
- Create prototypes/demonstrators for selected technologies and
complete feasibility following an optimized DVP&R.
- Maintain a data base of state of the art technologies and
trends relative to Internal Combustion engines, material science,
thermal management, NVH and achieve a deep understanding of
competitors' products and technical capabilities.
- Establish and maintain key external relationships with
consultants, suppliers, national laboratories and Academic partners
to understand technology trends and increase organization's
- Establish himself as a mentor to less experienced members of
- Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with internal combustion engine design and
development including combustion, fuels and controls.
- Experienced in structural design and thermal management.
- Experience with CAD and/or CAE systems
- Strong ability to communicate across the department as well
with internal and external stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of
- Ability to translate technical information to all
- Expert level understanding and knowledge of engineering
- Able to solve intermediate engineering problems; good
- Expert level knowledge of communication protocols/hardware
- Expert level ability to write test firmware to test hardware
- Advanced ability to use FMEA/DFMEA tools
LEVEL OF INDEPENDENCE:
- This position works with minimal guidance from the Engineering
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to
manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required
to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to
stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must
occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job
are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work
requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust
focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Generac Power System, Inc, Waukesha , Staff Mechanical Engineer, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!