Metal-Era is the largest North-American manufacturer of metal
coping and fascia systems for the commercial roofing industry, and
we are GROWING! The manufacturing facility in Waukesha offers many
opportunities for team-focused manufacturing assembly, production,
and machine operators on our production floor.
Our full-time employees enjoy access to health and wellness
benefits, and we offer three full-time shift options to help you
manage an excellent work-life balance:
- Four 10's - First Shift - 5am to 3pm; Mondays through
- Four 10's - Second Shift - 2:45pm to 12:45am; Mondays through
- Three 12's - Weekend Shift - 5am-5pm; Fridays, Saturdays and
- Part-Time & Seasonal Roles available within the time frames
3-4 DAY WEEKENDS EVERY WEEK!
Our manufacturing floor employees are expected to perform the
activities required to produce all types of components for customer
orders. These tasks include, but are not limited to: the operation
of CNC press brakes, shears, hand brakes, punch presses, robotic
forming cells, packaging line equipment and tools, and the
completion of material handling. All work must be performed safely,
efficiently, and within established quality and procedural
standards. In addition to daily production duties, participation in
continuous improvement activities is expected.
Pay Rate: $15.50-$30.00/hour - Depending on experience
**Pay ranges in the $20-30/hr range will be reserved for
candidates with significant CNC experience or other high-level
experience related to the essential duties and responsibilities
**2nd shift employees also enjoy a $2.00/hour premium during 2nd
**Weekend shift employees enjoy a 4-hour shift premium each
week! (Work 36 hours, get paid for 40!)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, and
other duties may be assigned:
- Read and understand production orders and drawings.
- Setup and operate 14-ft CNC press brake to form 12-ft parts to
production specification and quality requirements.
- Setup and operate 6-ft or 8-ft CNC press brake to form
accessory parts to production specification and quality
- Shear sheet metal for customer orders and maintain inventory in
- Tend robotic notch/ logo cell and robotic forming cell.
- Package customer orders on 12-ft line or accessories area.
- Punching extruded bar.
- Material handling to include forklift movement and loading/
- Accurately update production control system as orders are
- Observe plant safety requirements and advise management on
- Maintain work area to established 5S standard.
- Serve as helper in any other cell or any other additional
duties as required by management.
- Attend and participate in cell meetings.
- Flexible team player with demonstrated work ethic and excellent
- Strong mathematical and measurement skills, especially using
rulers (to 1/64) and protractors
- Quick learner with a desire to advance and grow
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that enable written and
verbal communication with employees in the business
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to focus on
- A resourceful problem-solver who works well independently
- Excellent attendance record
- Fast-paced with a strong sense of urgency in work
- Forklift experience is strongly preferred, but not required in
all work stations
- Sheet metal fabrication experience preferred, but not
This position requires the individual to actively move around
the plant, however primary tasks are done in a standing position
for extended periods. Weights of up to 50-lbs have to be manually
lifted, pushed, or pulled regularly and repetitively. Team lifts of
60-100 lbs .regularly, on many job tasks. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
Duties will involve frequent movement between plant office,
loading dock, and the manufacturing floor. The individual will
experience moderate factory noise and may occasionally work
outdoors during loading processes. Safety glasses, gloves, and
OSHA-compliant safety-toed shoes are required PPE in the plant.