Eaton's Electrical Power Systems division is currently seeking a
Coil Winding Machine Operator - 3rd Shift to join our team, pay
starting at $20.00/hour, depending on coil winding experience. This
position is based at our North Street Facility in Waukesha, WI.
The Coil Winder Machine Operator will set-up and operate winding
machines to produce coils of various size to specifications called
for on winding sheets, winding diagrams, and order pouches. Coil
conductor configurations include strip, round, and rectangular
wire, in various combinations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
* Read and interpret winding specification documents.
* Find the coil number, quantity, and revision, and also record
the coil number on the coil and on labor recording paperwork.
* Install and adjust appropriate devices as needed onto the coil
winding machine in order to meet window sizing specifications.
* Load strip, conductor, and insulating paper to dereeling
mechanisms on the machine.
* Measure materials, make adjustments to the machine to
accommodate materials, and verify proper alignment.
* Place and adjust the coil form as specified.
* Apply pack out as needed per specification, repeated on each
section of the coil.
* Fold, insulate, and tape-weld pre-cut leads to strip stock of
* Operate a crimping tool to crimp wire to static shielding.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits
* Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use day
one, Paid holidays, Shift premium, Retirement benefits, Paid
Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program, Wellness
Reimbursement, and more!
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as
a company - are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) is
* Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United
States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
* No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates
considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI facility.
Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the
geographical area limitation.
* Minimum of one (1) year manufacturing experience or military
* Minimum of six (6) months prior coil winding experience.
* Ability to interpret prints, quality specifications, and
applicable instructions for safety, maintenance, operating, and
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are
confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes
that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable,
efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These
values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the
planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America - US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No