Product Design Engineer
Company: H.O. Bostrom Company Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
At H.O. Bostrom, the Product Design Engineer assumes
responsibility for full product design and project management
responsibilities - from design conception through final production.
Responsible for directing the work of Designers and technicians,
and providing technical support to fabricators, welders and
assemblers. Assure final product quality through a commitment to
high quality and accurate designs, bills of materials, testing,
work instructions, timely support and finished product audits.
As the Product Design Engineer, you will:
- Plan and oversee all activities required for new product
development, and for improvements to existing products, with
- Work with customers and sales team to define product
- Develop quality standards for new components and
- Prepare and maintain project plans for status reporting.
- Lead design team in the development of new products that meet
- Collaborate with manufacturing and suppliers to ensure designs
are robust and cost effective.
- Develop test plans and document testing in accordance with
- Participate in product testing, from setup to reporting and
- Oversee and assign CAD tasks to Designers assigned to
- Create bills of material & routings for entry into ERP
- Facilitate or participate in pilot runs and assess need for
design changes after product release.
- Act a Subject Matter Expert for assigned product lines and
- Assist customers with troubleshooting and questions on assigned
- Maintain organized documentation of all new and existing
product variations in accordance with the HO Bostrom Quality
- Assist design group and internal customers with answers to
technical questions and in troubleshooting related to assigned
- Use SolidWorks 3D CAD to generate preliminary models and
drawings of new components and assemblies.
- Become familiar with requirements of industry and regulatory
standards relating specifically to seating design and occupant
safety. Standards include Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards,
American Bureau of Shipping, European (ECE), to name a few.
- Prepare Cost estimates of product configurations.
- Prepare Engineering Change Orders.
- Create, review, correct, and approve drawings, instructions,
procedures and related documentation.
- Write test reports and other summaries of investigations
Experience, Skills and Educational
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of project management experience within a
- 3D CAD proficiency, SolidWorks preferred.
- Design experience with sheet-metal, tubing, welded assemblies,
and molded plastics.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and ERP/MRP
- Experience working in a company with certified quality system
- A background in the design of seating products would be a
At H.O. Bostrom Company, you will be part of a team that is
dedicated to providing a better seating experience in work-specific
vehicles. We offer outstanding opportunities to become
high-visibility players within a very employee-oriented, dynamic,
and growing organization. You will have an opportunity to make a
H.O. Bostrom Company's continued success is driven by a
knowledgeable, dedicated team of employees who are committed to
innovative approaches, technical excellence and first-class
customer service. We provide a competitive salary and benefits
- Quality, cost effective health care
- Wellness incentive programs
- Disability and life insurance to protect your financial
- Flexible spending programs
- 401k savings plan with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Corporate bonus programs
H.O. Bostrom Company is committed to recruiting and hiring
qualified individuals in all job titles without regard to race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status,
or other classes protected by applicable law. Equal Opportunity
Keywords: H.O. Bostrom Company Inc., Waukesha , Product Design Engineer, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!