Staff Electrical Engineer - Core Storage and Power Conversion
Company: Generac Power System, Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Staff Electrical Engineer - Core Storage and Power
Company Generac Power Systems
Name Staff Electrical Engineer - Core Storage and Power
Req # 56309
Location Waukesha CORP
Employment Type Full Time
SERIOUS POWER, COMPELLING CAREERS!
Here at Generac we don't simply wait for opportunities to come
to us. Our team is consistently on the lookout for new and
innovative advances in our industry, which has led to our great
success and company growth. We are proud to be a leader in the
power generation industry and are quickly breaking ground in the
Clean Energy segment. This growth equals rapid career advancement
opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a
fast-paced, high-performance culture.
The Staff Electrical Engineer Core Storage and Power Conversion
will lead in the development of production-ready power converters
that support our diverse product line. The Staff Electrical
Engineer will select power electronic architectures, design
converter hardware, and develop control algorithms for inverter and
dc-dc converters. This person will contribute to the development of
our future product strategies. This position reports to the
Director of Engineering.
- Develop power inverters and dc-dc converters according to
- Gate-drive development for Silicon and SiC components.
- Support hardware evaluation, development, design, and
- Simulate power converters and systems.
- Contribute to the development of our future product roadmaps
- Conduct Risk Assessments, FMEA/DFMEA and Design Reviews;
- Support product development plans (schedule, product cost,
meeting design inputs)
- Collaborate with internal manufacturing partners, contract
manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize
complex and advanced designs for manufacturability.
- Mentor and teach less experienced engineers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or
directly equivalent degree
- 10 years of relevant work experience or advanced degree
equivalency in Electrical Engineering
- 3 years of work or project experience in the design and
development of power electronics
- 1 year experience with Matlab Simulink
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Master's Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or directly
- 2 years of experience with power generation products
- 2 years of experience in design of industrial/automotive power
converters and assemblies
- Experience with designing to meet agency compliance such as UL,
CSA, NEC, CE, FCC, NFPA and EPA
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to
manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required
to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to
stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must
occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job
are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work
requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust
focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Generac Power System, Inc, Waukesha , Staff Electrical Engineer - Core Storage and Power Conversion, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!