Company Generac Power Systems
Name SAP Intern
Req # 56946
Location Waukesha CORP
Employment Type Intern
At Generac, Our People help make the world safer, brighter and
more productive. United by our Values, people with diverse
backgrounds and points of view work together to ensure our global
customers have peace of mind.
We are a team of builders and doers who share a passion for
innovation and a desire to outpace others. As an inclusive
workplace, we empower our employees to embrace diversity in all
forms, celebrate our differences, and treat everyone with equity
and respect. At Generac, our success is powered by Our People.
Serious power, compelling careers!
Job Summary: Generac's Intern position is responsible to work
with other engineers to fulfill special design requests on our
products. Under supervision of engineers, the intern will create
definitions of parts and assemblies in the form of 2D cross
sections, 3D models, tolerance stack-ups, and various electronic
data formats to support analysis, manufacturing, assembly and
service. You will also create Pro-E models, drawings and templates
as well as make changes to BOM's. Participants develop technical
skills through challenging assignments and usage of technical
- Designs, validates, and brings new products to market.
- Provide new product development support in the Industrial,
Commercial, Residential and/or Retail generator or Power Tool
product area including; Creating and maintaining CAD models,
drawings, and BOMs, Supporting product development plans (schedule,
product cost, meeting design inputs), Interfacing with internal
company personnel, Provide technical support for assigned
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs,
tests and integrates standard, less complex components to produce
final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness,
cost (including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk
analysis), and safety.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use
testing, product specifications and process validation plans for
standard products and/or components; creates and reviews material
part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract
manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize basic
designs for manufacturability.
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided
Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost,
meeting design inputs)
- Travel to other Generac facilities as necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
o Currently pursuing a BS degree (preferably in Mechanical,
Electrical, Industrial or Civil Engineering).
o Understanding or working knowledge of Pro-E and/or AutoCAD
o Microsoft Office experience (including Excel).
o Proficient oral and written communication and able to write
clearly and succinctly to get a message across.
o The ability to work 15-20 hours during the school year and
full time during school breaks
LEVEL OF INDEPENDENCE: P1 - ENTRY
- Receives close level of technical instruction, guidance and
direction from others;
- Performs routine assignments in the entry level of the
Professional Career Band;
- Develops competence by performing structured work
- Uses existing procedures to solve problems;
- Strong decision-making skills;
- Participates in cross-functional project teams;
- Offer recommendations and solutions;
- Take ownership of designs;
- At this level, learns how to apply principles and theories in a
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to
manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required
to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to
stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must
occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job
include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work
requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust
focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by