Quality Control Technician
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Sgsco is currently seeking a Quality Control Technician to be a
part of a dynamic and diverse team, with a specialization in the
packaging industry. Are you a detail oriented individual, committed
to seeing tasks through to the end? We are looking for a seasoned,
team oriented, quality minded, and motivated quality professional
to join our team and work with a world-renowned company that has a
global market presence. Don't miss this great opportunity and apply
The purpose of this position is to complete tasks related to
outgoing products and materials to the plant as well as production
Essential Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Results
- Demonstrate full understanding of EH&S process and
requirements to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to inspect, operate, and identify operational issues
with overhead crane systems.
- Demonstrate ability to assess and determine the "fit for use"
criteria & requirements for customer shipments including:
- Cylinder printability, color match, defect detection,
registration and orientation.
- Complete required documentation and/or digital records required
for shipment (internal and client required).
- Confirm shipment materials requested and prepare per
Label internal & client materials per SOP and or
- Demonstrate ability to read and comprehend order instructions
and verify compliance of the product:
- Stage and confirm customer and plant materials are present to
properly assess the quality
- Confirm cell geometry is "fit for use."
- Confirm/Process required documentation and/or digital records
Understand how to operate the tools, software and equipment
required to assess the quality of the product.
- Production support tasks include:
- Wrapping, labeling, and boxing completed cylinders for
- Place ready to ship cylinder orders in designated area.
- Staging of chromed cylinders from automation to proofing
Organizing the execution order of proofing per schedule or
- Complete housekeeping tasks as required of the assigned work
area including floor scrubber.
- Use PPE as provided for safe completion of assignments.
Qualified candidate must possess general manufacturing
knowledge. Employee must have basic computer skills and knowledge.
Past experience in or with Quality Control is preferred, but not
Educational & Experience Minimum Requirements
This position requires the following knowledge and skills:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as manuals, safety
- Ability to speak effectively with employees of the
- Ability to complete basic math computation and measurement
- Ability to work independently and identify equipment
- Basic computer skills
The following knowledge and skills are not essential but
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Work experience in Quality Control.
- Comply with Company EH&S policies and procedures through
training and process understanding.
- Provide hands on completion of work assignments.
- Work scheduled hours as well as overtime when required.
- Assist in any additional duties as directed by leadership. This
job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. You may be
required to perform other reasonably related assignments as
assigned by leadership.
- Compensation changes are based on a combination of demonstrated
competency and merits.
- Proficiency in this position is expected to be achieved in 12
to 18 months.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The following physical requirements are
commonly performed in this job. There are times, on occasion, when
the employee may be asked or expected to perform duties with
physical requirements that are different from those listed here. It
is the employee's duty to notify the management of any physical
limitations or inability to perform a certain task.
- Infrequent physical exertion when completing non-repeating
- Infrequent operation of hand and power tools in completion of
- Prolonged standing during shift assignments.
- Infrequent lifting (10-50 lbs.)
Job is performed on the manufacturing floor among rotating
equipment, potentially hazardous chemicals and moderate noise.
Keywords: Kwikee, Waukesha , Quality Control Technician, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!