Company: HUSCO International
Posted on: June 6, 2021
This position is located in Waukesha, WI
We are recruiting for multiple design engineer openings at
Husco provides Engineers the opportunity to pursue a career in
engineering within a fast-paced, industry leading and
entrepreneurial organization, working directly with the major
Off-Highway applications. Design Engineers work closely with
experienced engineers, customers and suppliers from the design
stage to production for 1-2 programs. A successful Design Engineer
is hands-on and has strong technical background. These skills,
combined with flexibility, a problem-solving orientation, solid
communication skills and attention to detail, enable successful
- Collaborate in Product Design and Program Launch. Work closely
with Senior Engineers on 1-2 committed customer programs. Initially
follow program from prototype build through launch and eventually
apply product knowledge to new product development/design. Design
Engineer will potentially take part in product design, prototype
build, supplier development, product build, production line
development and launch, program launch and first pass yield
reduction. For mechanical engineers this may include making
calculations to establish acceptable standards of performance,
selection of materials, heat treatment, and assembly process.
- Coordinate Build and Testing of Prototypes. Work closely with
Lab Technicians or individually to develop necessary tests for
product. A strong Design Engineer is not only able to describe the
necessary testing but also aid in debugging the determined
- Troubleshoot and Debug Design Flaws. Take a hands-on
problem-solving approach to product design complications by
utilizing engineering principles/theories, tools, data and software
to overcome product design issues and test failures.
- Understanding of Hydraulic Principles and Husco Products. Has a
basic understanding of the Husco product line. Has a basic
understanding of hydraulic circuits including Open Center, Closed
Center, Load Sense, and Pressure Compensated hydraulic
- Interface with the Customer. Work with customers to understand
application and special requirements. Assist Project Engineers or
Program Managers with concepts and reviews with customer.
- Scale Steep Learning Curve. Rapidly expand product knowledge,
abilities, and job specific toolkit (Pro-E; hydraulics; magnetics;
software - testing and engineering applications) to apply to
product design and program launch.
- Provide Exemplary Customer Service & Communication. Design
engineer will work closely with customer during program launch to
execute requests, respond to questions and build collaboration
across teams (both internal and external) as necessary. Customers
should never receive unexpected major design changes.
- Strong Team Player and Contributor. Able to work well with
colleagues and produce results within a fast-paced and
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, preferred emphasis in
Mechanical or related Engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of hydraulic control systems and their applications
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills.
- For mechanical engineers, a knowledge of engineering drawing
practices and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Ability to work independently, interact with people at all
levels of responsibility, and ability and willingness to travel
Keywords: HUSCO International, Waukesha , Design Engineer, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!