Lead Electrical Engineer
Company: General Electric
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Description Summary
The Lead Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design and
development of power conversion technology platforms and execution
of cost reduction and quality improvement programs with
cross-business and cross-functional impact.
Program scope will include specification, development,
prototyping, qualification and verification of line level voltage
power distribution and energy storage systems including UPS, as
well as low to mid-level voltage AC-AC, AC-DC and DC-DC conversion
systems. Other aspects will include safety design and testing,
system interface, EMC and immunity to poor power quality,
mechanical enclosure and cooling.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Design, implement, and test new power electronic hardware to
meet documented requirements for power conversion products like
PDUs, MDPs and UPSs.
- Gather requirements and building specifications for power
conversion platform elements and work with team members developing
test plans and execution of qualification tests.
- Identify and deliver the opportunities for continuous
improvement of products and processes impacting core technologies
and design excellence.
- Work on projects in core technology platforms that can be used
by multiple GEHC businesses and deliver with program predictability
in all aspects of schedule, cost, quality.
- Participate in FMEA, risk assessment and RCA activities.
- Participate in writing product documentation, technical
reports, and schedule estimates, and authoring hardware development
and test plans
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in development
engineering relevant to power electronics design
- Experience of industry recognized power electronics simulation
and analysis tools such as Matlab and PLECS and other design
- Experience of power components including semiconductors,
control and regulation IC's, distribution and safety
- Experience and basic understanding of medical device and
industrial power safety standards such as IEC60601-1, IEC950,
NFPA-70 and UL508
- Must be willing to work in Waukesha or West Milwaukee, WI
fulltime & Must be willing to travel internationally approximately
10% of the time
- Masters in Electrical Engineering
- 8 years relevant industrial experience in design and test of
power conversion and distribution systems specific to diagnostic
medical imaging products including regulatory compliance and
reliability engineering methods and tools.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and across GE
- Demonstrated supplier and manufacturing interface skills
- Demonstrated skills in DFR tools such as FMEA, FTA, Reliability
Growth Testing, as well as the physics of failure approach to
GE offers a great work environment, professional development,
challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in
the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is
conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Keywords: General Electric, Waukesha , Lead Electrical Engineer, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!