Senior Systems Engineer - Imaging Detectors
Company: General Electric
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job Description Summary
As member of the Hardware Platforming team, the Senior Systems
Engineer will support detector designs across the GEHC Imaging
businesses including but not limited to CT, X-Ray, and PET.
Systems engineering is a cross-functional engineering discipline
centered on an approach, mindset, and process. This discipline
executes a robust process of design, creation, and optimization of
systems, consisting of identification and quantification of system
requirements, creation of alternate system design concepts,
performance of design trade studies, selection and implementation
of the best designs and verification that the design is properly
integrated and executed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducts component integration, and is concerned with how to
integrate for maximum performance and operability. Manages
component and systems requirements, specifications and flow
- Drives validation and verification activities for the overall
product/system, including system level testing. Manages interface
between components and execution organizations.
- Responsible for driving CTQ / Risk trades within the teams
designing the components.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline and
analytical thinking and technical experience to execute
policy/strategy. Has knowledge of best practices and how own area
integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors
that differentiate them in the market
- Uses some judgment and has some ability to propose different
solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated
manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or
interdependent production cycles. Uses technical experience and
analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external
sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May
lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements.
Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to
consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance
expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
- Bachelor's degree in "STEM" majors (Physics, Technology,
Engineering and Math)
- 7+ years relevant work experience
- Working experience with medical imaging detector technology
with calibrations, data acquisition and performance tuning.
- Electro mechanical system integrations, modeling and
- Proven ability to develop timely and effective solutions for
challenging design problems
- Proficient in the use of software tools for analysis and
simulation (MATLAB, Python, SysML, Simulink)
- Demonstrated ability to pursue tasks to completion
- Broad exposure to HW/SW/Systems design, and technical depth in
one or more engineering disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical,
Software, etc) and/or in Physics/Math.
- PhD in in "STEM" majors (Physics, Technology, Engineering and
- Advanced CT or X-Ray detector technology work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and results
GE offers a great work environment, professional development,
challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in
the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is
conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Keywords: General Electric, Waukesha , Senior Systems Engineer - Imaging Detectors, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!