Senior Staff Software Architect
Company: General Electric
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Description Summary
As part of GEHC Imaging business, this team is responsible for
developing and maintaining the next generation SW platform and
applications using modern SW technology stack for our scanner
products. In this journey we are also replacing/refactoring our
legacy SW monolith with micro-services based architecture and
domain-driven design. This SW platform is continuously evolving and
also enabling and activating our business vision of unifying our
UX/UI and extensible SW design/architecture across different
modalities and products while employing latest and greatest DevOps,
CI/CD, Cybersecurity, and industry standard development practices
This team is part of a culturally diverse global team sharing
the same goal, and is comprised of highly-skilled, experienced,
motivated, ever-curious and thus ever-learning individuals. As part
of this team you will be solving problems and taking on challenges
alongside physicists, scientists and application in the SW domain
of GEHC's MRI scanner products with utmost quality and safety at
its core value. As part of this team you will be responsible for
multiple software projects with high complexity that require
in-depth domain knowledge or two or more specialized architecture
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business
discussions relative to future architecture direction across the
product portfolio or product line.
- Analyze design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan
based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture
- Review and/or analyze and develop architectural requirements at
domain level within product portfolio or team.
- Participate in the enterprise architecture domain governance
- Contribute to the development of software and data delivery
platforms with reusable components that can be orchestrated
together into different methods.
- Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology,
industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or
operational support actives.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science,
Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum 10 years of
- Hands-on experience programming in Java/C/C++/Python
- Working experience in Domain-Driven-Design and Microservices
- Working experience with Spring MVC, Springboot, cpprestsdk or
other equivalent frameworks.
- Working experience with Cybersecurity, DevOps & CI/CD
- Proficiency in Design Patterns and Anti-Patterns
- Experience in Healthcare, Aviation or equivalent regulated
industry is a plus.
- Ability to consult with customer on alignment of outcomes and
desired technical solutions at an enterprise level
- Ability to Analyze, design, and develop a software solution
roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future
state of the business.
- Working knowledge of configuration choices and related cost
implications; Experience with complex solution configurations.
- Knowledgeable of full range of solution catalog within a
business unit and able to discuss overall solution at depth.
- Experience sustaining operational stability through various
life cycle phases (planning, implementation, steady state,
de-commissioning); Ability to provision and budget via capital and
- Able to lead early stage customer interactions; Guide customers
as they develop confidence and comfort with approaches, and
integrate with their legacy tech investments.
- Adept at navigating the organizational matrix; understanding
people's roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds,
leverage resources and rally teammates.
- Understand how internal and/or external business model works
and facilitate active customer engagement
- Able to articulate the value of what is most important to the
business/customer to achieve outcomes
- Able to produce functional area information in sufficient
detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation
and storytelling concepts.
- Possess extensive knowledge of full solution catalog within a
business unit and proficiency in discussing each area at an
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or equivalent quality
- Demonstrated working knowledge of internal organization
- Foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources,
- Demonstrated ability to work with and/or lead blended teams,
including 3rd party partners and customer personnel.
- Demonstrated Change Management /Acceleration capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity
with ability to effectively communicate and influence across all
- Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to influence and build consensus with other Information
Technology (IT) teams and leadership
GE offers a great work environment, professional development,
challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in
the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is
conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Keywords: General Electric, Waukesha , Senior Staff Software Architect, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!