Senior Firmware Engineer
Company: Generac Power System, Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Senior Firmware Engineer
Company Generac Power Systems
Name Senior Firmware Engineer
Req # 56719
Location Waukesha CORP
Employment Type Full Time
SERIOUS POWER, COMPELLING CAREERS!
It's a challenge, and an invitation. Most importantly, it's an
opportunity to join an industry leader.
There's never been a better time to work at Generac. We're
shaping the market and investing in new companies and new
technologies. Our rapid growth equals rapid career advancement
opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a
fast-paced, high-performance culture.
The Engineer III Product Electronics and Controls (PEC) is
responsible for providing electronics hardware, firmware, software
and embedded systems engineering input to new product development
projects and will need to understand the physics behind the design.
The PEC engineer will be specifically involved in helping the
design and development of new controls or algorithms, and system
testing both in the lab and on real products.
- Provide new product development support, specific to
microprocessors/microcontrollers in the Industrial, Commercial,
Residential and/or Retail generator or Power Tool product area
including; Creating and maintaining CAD models, drawings, and BOMs,
Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost,
meeting design inputs), Interfacing with internal company
personnel, Provide technical support for assigned projects.
- Design of new control algorithms and performing Applications
- Firmware architecture design;
- Design embedded circuits using
- Design embedded circuits encompassing both analog and digital
- Design embedded circuits encompassing power electronics
- Create, design and develop test specifications for new systems
- Conducts and evaluates test specification including testing
- Ensures project documentation, test procedures and manuals are
accurate and complete
- Take part in Design for Manufacturability and Design for Test
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract
manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize basic
designs for manufacturability.
- Utilizes simulation tools
- Create and modify schematics using CAD tools
- Create PC based testing tools
- Troubleshoot designs to the component level
- Participate in design reviews
- Other Duties as assigned and the following:
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost,
meeting design inputs).
- Occasional travel to other Generac facilities and customer site
visits as necessary
- Mentors less experienced engineers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Engineering, Computer Science or directly related Engineering
- 5 years of experience with Object Oriented languages: C++,C#,
- 5 years of experience with HTML, CSS, Angular, Node (SW)
- Experience in RTOS, state machine and algorithm design using
the "C" language (firmware position)
- Experience in both analog and digital design utilizing
microcontrollers (hardware position)
- Experience of microprocessor hardware interfacing techniques
(e.g. IIC, SPIbus, EEprom, etc.)
- Experience in new product design and development
- Experience with schematic capture tools (hardware
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to
manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required
to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to
stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must
occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job
are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work
requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust
focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Generac Power System, Inc, Waukesha , Senior Firmware Engineer, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!