Corporate Continuous Improvement Manager
Company: Generac Power System, Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Corporate Continuous Improvement Manager
Company Generac Power Systems
Name Corporate Continuous Improvement Manager
Req # 56446
Location Waukesha CORP
Employment Type Full Time
Serious Power, Compelling Careers!
Here at Generac we don't simply wait for opportunities to come
to us. Our team is consistently on the lookout for new and
innovative advances in our industry, which has led to our great
success and company growth. We are proud to be a leader in the
power generation industry and are quickly breaking ground in the
Clean Energy segment. This growth equals rapid career advancement
opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a
fast-paced, high-performance culture.
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager is responsible for the
design, leadership, training, coaching and execution of lean
improvements across the Generac. The CI Manager will lead and
manage the deployment of Generac Lean CI principles, methodologies,
tools and metrics utilizing Toyota Production System and Shingo
Prize methodology. Delivers hands-on coaching and problem solving
to associates in lean methodology and tools to eliminate waste in
all functions. Overall responsibility for coordinating and leading
team members cross-functionally and with multiple facilities to
meet or exceed company business objectives.
- Support production operations in development and execution of
lean continuous improvement plans and kaizens.
- Facilitate lean CI kaizens to improve site metrics and deliver
strategy deployment goals.
- Train, develop, motivate, monitor and lead a team of facility
lean professionals with an emphasis on championing the goals,
objectives and implementation plans relative to the lean assessment
needs and strategic direction.
- Develop, deploy and train standard Generac CI tools,
methodologies, standards, practices and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 5 years of lean continuous improvement implementation
experience in a manufacturing environment using Toyota Production
System, Danaher Business System, or Shingo Prize methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical,
- Line operations experience working in a production or supply
chain environment: Production supervision, materials, sourcing,
distribution, logistics, planning, quality, or service
- Experience working with international companies and in matrix
- Experience in demand flow principles and plan for every part
- Demonstrated understanding of financial measurements and goals
in the lean enterprise
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong project leadership experience with a diversity of team
- Ability to set the agenda (based on business needs and
priorities) and bring others with you
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior management, teams and
individuals across a variety of settings
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability, including the ability to
identify creative and effective solutions and the ability to ask
the right questions and help frame logical conclusions.
- Proven experience in collaborating with multiple sites and
functions to drive common solutions
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills
with the ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities
- Sound business acumen operating in high mix, low volume and
high volume, low mix production environments
- Demonstrated personal flexibility in approach and ideas
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to
manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required
to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to
stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must
occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job
are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work
requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust
focus. Up to 30% domestic and international travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Generac Power System, Inc, Waukesha , Corporate Continuous Improvement Manager, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!