Eaton’s Electrical Power Systems division is currently
seeking a General Welder – Transformers Assembly Line –
2nd Shift to join our team, pay starting at $20.00/hour,
depending on experience. This position is based at our
Badger Drive facility in Waukesha, WI.
This position is offering a sign-on bonus of $1,000*,
less applicable withholding.
• Bonuses are being offered for a limited time
only. Applications must be submitted on or after June 11,
• Bonuses are only applicable to specific job
types and shifts; additional terms and conditions may apply.
• Associates must be employed at the time of the
• Bonuses will be payable in two installments: $500,
less applicable withholding will be paid after three (3)
months of employment and the remaining $500, less applicable
withholding will be paid after nine (9) months of
The General Welder will operate various types of welding
equipment in both SAL and MAL. This will include low voltage
welding, welding on stainless and mild steel covers, using the
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Use weld fabrication equipment including: oxy-acetylene torch,
plasma arc torch, tig-welder, mig-welders, stick electrode welder,
grinders, drills and any other special tooling that may be
- Use the manual robotic welder.
- Work from basic prints, computer readouts, written and verbal
instructions and material lists using judgment when complete prints
are not available.
- Operate various types of material handling equipment including:
bridge crane, jib crane, and manually operated hand trucks when
- Put both weld-on and bolt-on covers to units – giving them a
pressure test using air and soap.
- Low voltage welding and mild and stainless steel cover
- Use care and coordinate hand and eye on seam welds to get
proper and uniform build-up for good appearing welds.
- Work in Transformer assembly positions as needed.
- Welder works in all positions; standing, kneeling, squatting,
laying and bending. Some parts are heavy, awkward to handle
and require mechanical powered devices to lift position and move
them. Welder is subjected to smoke, fumes, flash burns, cuts and
burns to hands and body.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of
the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use day one,
Paid holidays, Shift premium, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental
Leave, Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as
a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) from an
- Minimum of one (1) year manufacturing experience or a technical
diploma in welding.
- Ability to pass Eaton weld test.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United
States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All
candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI
facility. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are
exempt from the geographical area limitation.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are
confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes
that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable,
efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These
values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the
planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No