Company: Federal Mfg., LLC
Posted on: September 11, 2021
Engineered for unprecedented speed, flexibility,
efficiency, and cleanliness, Federal manufactures durable and
hygienic liquid filling and capping machinery for dairy, juice,
water, food, chemical, coatings, and pharmaceutical companies
worldwide. Federal is also a global innovator of customized
extended shelf life solutions. As part of the ProMach Filling &
Capping business line, Federal helps our packaging customers
protect and grow the reputation and trust of their consumers.
ProMach is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands
serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food,
beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and
industrial goods industries. ProMach brands operate across the
entire packaging spectrum: filling and capping, flexibles, pharma,
product handling, labeling and coding, and end of line. ProMach is
headquartered near Cincinnati, Ohio, with manufacturing facilities
and offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and
Asia. For more information about ProMach, visit www.ProMachBuilt.com and for more
information on ProMach Careers, visit www.ProMachCareers.com.
Federal is seeking a talented Mechanical Engineer to join their
team. The Mechanical Engineer under general direction, develops and
prepares mechanical designs for filling machinery where broad use
of independent judgement and highly technical skills are
In this vital role you can expect:
- Mechanical engineering projects including obtaining customer
specifications and designing the mechanical components of the
machinery. This involves working closely with the Sales Department,
application of mechanical engineering knowledge of machinery
principles and materials, manufacturing methods and processes to
ensure designs are functional, practical, economical and satisfy
customer operating requirements.
- Designing of machined and fabricated parts (including
manufacturing methods) which includes shafts, bearings & housings,
valves, drive components, mounting plates & precision spacers,
structural frame weldments, sheet metal bins, channels, covers,
ducts etc. Prepares proper Bills of Materials based on design,
using primarily Solidworks as well as Autodesk Inventor and Cadlink
software and release those BOMs to planning.
- Analyzing and prioritizing projects based on the scope of
established internal operations schedule.
- Interfacing with Manufacturing to ensure machinery designs are
properly fabricated, parts machined, and assembled which may
include revising of mechanical design specifications/drawings.
Interfacing with the Production Department to conduct machinery
mechanical testing and interfaces with other departments e.g.
sales/marketing, parts, purchasing, etc., to coordinate
work/projects to ensure customer on-time delivery. Prepare and
direct reports to other departments to address and resolve
inquiries and problems.
- Acting as a technical resource for customers and Service
Department’s Service Technicians to address and resolve inquires
and problems. Especially, during machine installation and start-up
in customer plant(s).
- Traveling to customer sites.
- 2 - 5 years’ experience in design and/or application
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (mechanical preferred) and
equivalent work experience
- Design knowledge of machined and fabricated parts e.g. shafts,
bearings and housings, drive components, mounting plates, precision
spacers, structural frame weldments, sheet metal bins, channels,
covers, ducts, etc.
- Experience in a made to order type environment focusing on
- Packaging or food processing industry controls experience a
- Bottle filling or capping equipment experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills which
includes presentation skill.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word/Excel,
AutoCad, Inventor, Solidworks)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to successfully handle a
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program.
As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck.
Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very
comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a
generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a
company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period
for benefits – you are eligible on your first day of
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach
utilizes E-Verify in all states to verify employment eligibility of
new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free
- Solid Works
- Manufacturing Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
Keywords: Federal Mfg., LLC, Waukesha , Mechanical Engineer, Other , Waukesha, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!